Fox F3 Boots

Hey guys,

I guess this question could be posted in another forum, but I wanted to ask the guys in the XR600/650 forum. Has anyone had experience with the Fox F3boots? I just received a pair and these things are STIFF! If so, how long of a break in period should I expect? Do they perform well? Any feedback on this boot would be great! Thanks guys... :banghead:

I don't know about the Fox F3 but in general, with MX boots, what protects you is the stiffness. It's not meant to go away. But over time the ankles will flex a little more. Not much.

The more flex in the ankle and foot area, the less protection.

If you've haven't ridden in MX boots before, you need to raise the gearshift a notch or 2 to get your toe under, then ride, do lots of gear changes and rear braking, after an hour or 2 it will feel fine. It's all a matter of getting used to the stiffness, after a while it will feel very natural.

If you're familar with MX boots, ignore what I just said because you know it already. :banghead:

I don't know about the Fox F3 but in general, with MX boots, what protects you is the stiffness. It's not meant to go away. But over time the ankles will flex a little more. Not much.

The more flex in the ankle and foot area, the less protection.

If you've haven't ridden in MX boots before, you need to raise the gearshift a notch or 2 to get your toe under, then ride, do lots of gear changes and rear braking, after an hour or 2 it will feel fine. It's all a matter of getting used to the stiffness, after a while it will feel very natural.

If you're familar with MX boots, ignore what I just said because you know it already. :banghead:

I have not tried on a new pair of MX boots for years... I guess the stiffness is normal. They seemed to be well made, and being on sale they seemed like alot of boot for the money... I wonder if one of the "big guys" makes them for Fox?

I ride in the F3's and I feel they are the best boot I've ever had my feet in! Give them about 6 or 7 good rides and they should soft'n up a bit. But remember they are moto-x boots so they are not going to flex too much even after they have loosened up!