HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ddialogue

Excessive boot wear

5 posts in this topic

Anyone else have a problem with excessive boot wear? This pair has less than five months of riding on them. I have already chewed though a pair of Answer boots as well. I'm wondering if a pair of Alpine Star or SIDI boots will fair any better? At least they have the replaceable soles.

PA131272.jpg

My Alpinestar Tech 6's have a replaceable square in the sole, right where you have worn through.

WOW, I've never see boot wear that extensive for the amount if riding time you've put on them.........sheesh, you must be an animal :D!

As far as the Sidi's are concerned, yeah they have a replaceable sole, but still not sure if the replacable sole could take that kind of abuse. I just got a pair of the Sidi's, and took the sole off to lube the screws that hold it in place. I'll tell you what, that replaceable sole is only 1/4" thick, I'm guessing you'd be through them fairly quickly. But, then again you'd have the solid foot bed underneath to help, so maybe they would be your ticket.

Again, WOW, I thought I was rough on gear :D..........

Peace

Dodger :D:)