Roc Stompa / Scotts Damper?

Hi there, i ride a 2007 WR450F and need a damper but wich one to use? Also is the top mount or SUB mount better for me i am 1.78 meters?

Thanx for any advice!!

I would suggest the sub-mount. It reduces the chance of any impact damage to both the damper and yourself. If you find the additional 1" rise is an issue, you can get a lower rise bar to get back to stock.:banghead:

Here's more info on the SUB mount with pics that some others helped me out with. Based on the research I did here on TT, the consensus seemed to be that most preferred the Scott's over others. Good luck.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491502

here's mine.

DSC00806.jpg

Very nice man! Can you turn the link arm around yourself or do you realy need the special tool to get it done?

I have a GPR V2 on my 04 and like it alot then On my 07 I had an Emig above the bar and took it off after 3 rides. So now my 07 has a GPR V4 it raises the bars only about 10mm and I am likeing it the best

Very nice man! Can you turn the link arm around yourself or do you realy need the special tool to get it done?

I think my BRP / Scotts kit came with everything in the right direction:excuseme:

Mine came facing the right way. I think the tool is fairly cheap . but I think a small gear puller will do the same thing. as far as my setup goes it was off of a 06 yz and took a few small mods to make every thing from the wr fit. I had to make a bracket for the speedo to mount and drill and tap a hole in the lower to mount the speedo wire

Do any of you guys know if a 2007 YZ450 Sub mount kit will fit my 2007 WR450?? Going to buy a second hand damper (was used on top mount, 2 months old) with a new SUB mount clamp and tower!

I have a 06 yz 450 sub mount on my 07 wr450 that is the same as a 07 yz mount . and no it don't just bolt on the bolts don't line up quite right . you need to drill your stock upper tripple to make the mount fit . the clamp on frame mount works fine .IF your afraid of modding your tripple .I'll sell you my stock set for 20 bucks + shipping

Can`t you just use diffrent bolts I heard that the 07 WR bolts are 11mm and the 07 YZ bolts are 9 mm. Don`t want to drill my tripple clamp?

I'm sure the yz bolt are bigger. and spaced like 4-8 mm wider . drilled my top clamp out a big enough for the bolts . and the spacing was still off a bit. it would not be a big deal to dremmel it out a bit to make it fit . like I said if you want my stock tripple it's already drilled oversized and it's brand new

Yesterday i went and bought the sub mount kit with the damper and the guy told me its a YZ450 sub mount but it bolted directly to my bike!!! What a diff it makes.

Scotts.jpg

NICE ..............I love mine it works great. It saved my butt a few times too .

Do you know what the standard settings on the damper are the manuel only tells te sweep(12`clock) need to know the high and low speed?? O ya one more question should i turn the low speed stiffer in heavy sand conditions or softer?

I don't know what the stock settings are . But I do have my high set a half of a turn over what it was when I got it . but I mine used