HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
29-keith-29

yz426 could i have messed something up

5 posts in this topic

i just put a new crank in my 01 yz 426 and after geting it all back together i started it up and its leaking oil from the side case of the stator reaky bad and on the other side not the clutch cover but the side case i used all new gaskets and tightend evrything and its still leaking what could be cousing this??:banghead: please help

You need to identify the exact point where the oil is coming from, as in from between the stator cover and the crankcase, or from between the oil feed line ant the right engine cover.

between the stator cover and the crank case all along the bottom there. and on the throttle side right under the oil feed line but not the oil feed line it seems to drip from the motor and onto the frame and its leaking prity bad

The 4 most likely reasons that gaskets fail to seal are:

> The old gasket was not completely removed, or

> The cover (or whatever) was over tightened and the gasket has split around one of the bolt holes.

> The gasket is out of position.

> An inappropriate sealer was used (Silicon RTV causes more leaks than it fixes when used on gaskets like this.

Also, if either of the mating surfaces or the gasket were damaged during installation (gouged, cracked, cut) that could do it.

The 4 most likely reasons that gaskets fail to seal are:

> The old gasket was not completely removed, or

> The cover (or whatever) was over tightened and the gasket has split around one of the bolt holes.

> The gasket is out of position.

> An inappropriate sealer was used (Silicon RTV causes more leaks than it fixes when used on gaskets like this.

Also, if either of the mating surfaces or the gasket were damaged during installation (gouged, cracked, cut) that could do it.

i probly over tightend it cuz the gasket ripped around acouple of the holes now i have to do the other side witch is going to be a pain