Lets try to get along a bit better on here!

A couple of pointers.

Try not to use sarcasm. When you do it in person others can get it from your tone of voice or other non verbal cues. It's just too easy for someone who doens't know you to take it wrong.

Don't feed the trolls. Compared to most places TT is actually rather troll free. Some people just live for conflict. I just don't participate. By responding in kind, all you accomplish is dragging yourself down the their level. However, sometimes I can't even follow my own advice. Some people are just plain idiots. You can try to enlighten them, but it doesn't always work.

I started posting mostly for two reasons. The first was to get some practice writing. The second was to learn something. There is no surer way to find out what you don't know than to open your mouth.

You might want to give Team TT a try. For a few bucks you can post in a forum where most have a really thick skin and you don't have to edit your posts(like AZZ).

Be extra careful when posting after a few, or more than a few, brewskies.

STONE SOBER pretty much only drink when out camping or something special going on LOL What you said is great advice and also its hard to keep it shut alot of times MORE for me it seems

Being an overall motorcycle enthusiast, I bought a Harley last June to use for pleasure rides and commute to work in the summertime. Thus I joined a HD forum, to learn about the HD's - trick setups etc - like we do here. All was fine, I was posting and recieving nice kind replies, until, I replied to a thread on novelty helmets and posted my disagreement on them. It became a furrball with it finally getting into individual credibility, as it had enetered into patriotism, miltary service etc. One of the posters went as far as to check my profile and do an internet web search engine on my real name to verify IF I had indeed served as I had said and where I had said. (Vietnam, Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom) as I had served 30 years in the US Navy. That did it for me on the HD forum, I left and will never return, there are indeed some weird lurkers out there that will contest everything you say. I felt I did not have to send him a copy of my service record, as I know in my heart where I have been and what I have done. I don't stereotype all HD riders as this one was a serious oddball, but his questioning of my patriotism and service was surely enough to make me leave that forum permenantly. I bought and ride a Harley because I like the sound (stock no loud pipes) and the old school look and it is comfy on a long commute and it is fun to ride (2007 Harley Dyna Super Glide Custom - no bags and windshield and crap- just bike).

So the moral to my story is; Denn no worries, bee yourself.

12 years US ARMY and i guarantee noone is more patriotic than me, prolly alot at same level. and always civilian working for Military ie Govt Contractor, DoD civilian. I can totally relate to that for having someone trying to discredit your service, that would more than piss me off too. I have honor and integrity DONT TEST MY INTEGRITY!!! LOL :banghead::busted:

I don't understand the "Slang" words????? NOOB???

LOL :banghead: what a NOOOOOOOOOB!!!!!!!!!!11

Denn10 and Motosprtman I thank you both from the bottom of my heart for your service to our country. You have no idea how much I respect you and all veterans.:banghead: Bruce

You say that you bend over backwards for people. But if some has a question (stupid or otherwise) you HAVE to shoot back a sarcastic reply? how about just letting it go? We should be helping new riders

I thought this was THE 650 forum, we ought to keep it that way..............

You say that you bend over backwards for people. But if some has a question (stupid or otherwise) you HAVE to shoot back a sarcastic reply? how about just letting it go? We should be helping new riders

Forget that point tcj! It wont get you anywhere on this topic! Only reason I posted a reply in the first place is because the topic itself was a sarcastic re-entry from being banned for a while on here ! Hey I have thick skin and can trade smartass remarks with the best of them but to have a wise crack for every dumb question ask when evidently someone is needing to know the answer gets kind of old in my book! I hope the trolling is not being pointed at me just for having an negative response on this topic? (Your the one that posted on the INTERNET for all to see and respond!!) I only live here in the XR600/650 forum (for my XR650R needs), a few replies on the CR 2sroke forum for my CR250r needs and a few times in the pics/vid forum but this is pretty much where I like to come and hangout for my motorcycle fix!

And Denn to say if I came up to you on the street and ask you something as simple as how is the best way to pick up my bike and ............to think you would tell me to go take a flying leap or something like that without knowing me at all and what kind of MMA training I may possibly possess tells me your one bad dude........ or you have one huge set of computer balls LOL! :banghead: Good fun!

And Denn to say if I came up to you on the street and ask you something as simple as how is the best way to pick up my bike and ............to think you would tell me to go take a flying leap or something like that without knowing me at all and what kind of MMA training I may possibly possess tells me your one bad dude........ or you have one huge set of computer balls LOL! :ride: Good fun!

OH GOD his true side has come out LMAO Hes a online badass :busted: He said "computer balls" Thats a new one.:banghead:

Do i look pretty?

Are you refering to the bike or the sheep in the background?

NB!!!! Baaaaaaaa! Still means NO!

P.s. Go eazi on me hey! Just Kidding??????

Way cool.