another jetting thread... need advice asap

ive looked through the sticky thread and i couldnt find much. Im from minnesota and am going to texas to ride this week and i think ill need to rejet my bike (2007). i have the zip ty mod and current jetting is stock except i have a 168 main and 48 pilot. it runs good up here right now but im thinking it will be too rich, this is the recommendations zip ty gave me. any advice would be very appreciated! thanks!

alright well i just looked again at the jetting spec thread and i guess it seems like it will be alright, but still anyone else have any input? grey?

Sounds OK to me, but what do I know?

Sounds OK to me, but what do I know?

alot..... :banghead:

what part of Texas are you coming to... our elevation is all over the place.

just a thought.

jay

What is your normal altitude and temp for such setting 168 main and 48 pilot.

im at 700ft and its winter here but im riding indoor so its like 65 70 maybe ? im going to dallas....

i bought my bike from a guy who lived close to dallas, it was stock jetted except one step richer on the pilot, stock is 45, it had a 48. I don't know how that will translate to yours, but I rode the bike there and it ran great. I had to change the pilot to get it to run right here, we are at about 5000ft in amarillo. If Gray says you will be fine.... you will be fine. His advise fixed mine, no more prob's.

jay

btw mine is a 99 yz400f

ive looked through the sticky thread and i couldnt find much. Im from minnesota and am going to texas to ride this week and i think ill need to rejet my bike (2007). i have the zip ty mod and current jetting is stock except i have a 168 main and 48 pilot. it runs good up here right now but im thinking it will be too rich, this is the recommendations zip ty gave me. any advice would be very appreciated! thanks!

Should be fine! take a 165 for main though. The pilot should be ok.