Throttle extremely stiff after reassembly

For the life of me, I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I think I'm screwing-up with installation of the cables on the throttle tube. If anyone has the manual and could scan for me the diagram of the throttle assembly that would be great. ( I mean the diagram of the throttle tube with housing and cables on handle bars )

Basically what happens, I put throttle housing back on the handle bars with cables installed on the throttle cam. But when I tighten the screws on the housing the throttle becomes extremely stiff.

It seems to work fine if I install only one cable (pull cable). But when I install both cables it becomes extremely stiff after I tighten the screws on the housing.

Any input greatly appreciated

Marty

Go to the stickies at the top of the forum and check the WR performance thread, go to the WR manuals on PDF and download your very own copy of the manual for your bike and then you should have all the info you need. Sounds like you don't have everything aligned properly or you have the wrong cable on the wrong side of the throttle tube, thereby making a stiff cable . Opening the throttle makes the throttle plate try to close more ?!?!?! WR Dave.

I once had a similar problem. I noticed I was holding the throttle body too hard against the end of the bars while tightening the body.

Not that it's loose now, but I just put a bit less pressure on it while tightening it and it's worked perfectly ever since. If everything else seems right this could be the problem.

Go to the stickies at the top of the forum and check the WR performance thread, go to the WR manuals on PDF and download your very own copy of the manual for your bike and then you should have all the info you need. Sounds like you don't have everything aligned properly or you have the wrong cable on the wrong side of the throttle tube, thereby making a stiff cable . Opening the throttle makes the throttle plate try to close more ?!?!?! WR Dave.
Did you just happen to do the o-ring mod?
I once had a similar problem. I noticed I was holding the throttle body too hard against the end of the bars while tightening the body.

Not that it's loose now, but I just put a bit less pressure on it while tightening it and it's worked perfectly ever since. If everything else seems right this could be the problem.

Fixed it.

The pull cable was too tight. I backed off the screw on the cable and now it works perfect. Not sure why it was too tight. The only thing I can think of is that the plastic cable ends didn't go all the way on ( I slipped them off to lubricate the cables). I noticed that the pull cable was shorter so I loosened it up a little. In any case, the throttle works perfectly now.

thanks

Marty