Aux oil capacity

I think somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3 of a qt.

DSC00843.jpg

like some one said in the thread sc posted....what happens when you smash a rock where the skid pan and oil cooler are? i know its un likely but when your down in mexico and 300 miles from the truck the last thing you want is that to happen.

also do you want an oil cooler to cool not just hold more...i have had no problems with oil and my 06 but i wish it held at least another half quart of oil.

what I was thinking incase I smash it . First thing is I'm am thinking I would know that I hit something hard .

step 2 turn off bike.

step 3 check for leaks

step 4 found a leak now what?

what I was thinking was to make the tanks line the stock lenth so that if it did fail I could just hook the line back to the block and check the oil level then go.

• Like 1

like some one said in the thread sc posted....what happens when you smash a rock where the skid pan and oil cooler are? i know its un likely but when your down in mexico and 300 miles from the truck the last thing you want is that to happen.

also do you want an oil cooler to cool not just hold more...i have had no problems with oil and my 06 but i wish it held at least another half quart of oil.

Ive got the gtyr plate and ride in rocks a lot. I have hit hard on the plate with no holes or cracks. I wouldnt be "that" concerned especially if he welds the tank on the plate as opposed to using the plate as one of the walls of the tank.

One of the concerns I have had while daydreaming about this is if your reserve is higher than the motor (which tweav's design isnt), will too much oil drain into the case when sitting and cause problems when firing it back up?

Man I wish I could get to my carb on 07 wr450 as e-z as side car willy there.I may sound dumb but what is the side car for?

they race this contraption! on mx tracks! do a google search and you'll find all kinds of euro nuts doing this! The monkey may be the craziest of them all though ......

now, back to oil storage and coolers .... yeah, I gather these machines need the extra oil for the extra load they carry ......