radiator fluid question

i put a set of those new blue radiator hoses on my bike (they look so badass) and like an idiot just about all of my radiator fluid spilled on the ground. that catch bucket didn't really catch anything.

but the oem fluid is in there and i went out and bought some coolanol and i read here on thumpertalk that you don't mix the orange fluid with the green stuff, but the oem fluid and this coolanal are both green.

so would it be ok to mix those two? or should i completely drain the oem fluid?

Drain it all out & replace with new coolant. My 06 gets new coolant every year along with fresh brake fluid.

i have an 07 which is basically the 06 so how do you completely drain it out? take off the water impeller cover or what?

As they say, "RTFM".

Removing the lower water pump cover bolt (the one with the copper washer) while the radiator cap is off drains the entire cooling system. Pour a quart or so of water through the system to rinse it.

Don't depend on color to tell you anything, read the label. The issue is that ethylene glycol coolants and propylene glycol coolants should not be mixed.

As they say, "RTFM"

Now, now, Gray! Be nice:shocked:

:banghead:

If I was trying to be harsh, I would have left it at that, and not provided the info, no? :banghead:

If I was trying to be harsh, I would have left it at that, and not provided the info, no? :banghead:

Actually, I was being facetious. Hence the :busted: I think you are way too tolerant/helpful of the questions asked here when people SHOULD be RTFM.

Actually, I was being facetious.
I spotted that right away :banghead:

sorry i didn't think the manual would tell me whether or not it'd be ok to mix the different brands of coolant.

Top of page 3-7, and in better English on the coolant label. The manual does also explain the draining procedure, too. :banghead:

Top of page 3-7, and in better English on the coolant label. The manual does also explain the draining procedure, too. :busted:

oh wow. i'm an idiot. theres a drain bolt, my god.

i need to keep this fangled manual out in the open so i can use it more often.

:banghead: