Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alock561

Front Wheel Whinning Noise On De-accel

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone experienced a brief whinning-whistle noise upon de-accelaration from the front wheel? I'm thinking speedometer. '06 WR450.

Does it on my '07 and did on my '03. Never nailed it down. I made sure everything was well lubed. I think it may be something in the front brake assembly.

I took apart the front wheel and lubed everything really well, especially the speedo housing. Its seems to have subsided for now. We'll see how long it lasts!

I took apart the front wheel and lubed everything really well, especially the speedo housing.

That's what I did and 800 miles later, with a ton of creek crossings, there is still no squeaking:thumbsup:

I just had the same noise start on mine, I knew it was not the front brake but I could not pin point the location. Thanks for the info:thumbsup:

does it sound like a cop car following you?

if so its normal airflow through the holes in the rotor. mine is plated so i hear it all the time with the knobbies or the motards 2 different sets of wheels and my speedo cable is non existant (vapor)

does it sound like a cop car following you?

if so its normal airflow through the holes in the rotor. mine is plated so i hear it all the time with the knobbies or the motards 2 different sets of wheels and my speedo cable is non existant (vapor)

:cool::applause::busted: If it sounds like a cop car following you then the only real fix is this...carefully roll on the throttle and never look back. Find the trails and get lost:p

mine does the same since removing the front wheel and re-installing. it is definately the speedo housing rubbing on mine. i lubed and widened the gap and it is now working better. not gone, but less noise