Reed's '08 YZ450F

Are those Mag Ignition Covers available to the public or is that one of those one off Factory Yamaha kind of things?

You can get those covers from Rinaldi Racing Yamaha. European Rinaldi Racing Yamaha team uses them but i saw on there web site where you can buy lots of really trick stuff for YZ's....carbon fiber subframes and airboxes and stuff....along with big bore kits and cams and stuff.

sweet pic. my new background. :banghead:

You can get those covers from Rinaldi Racing Yamaha. European Rinaldi Racing Yamaha team uses them but i saw on there web site where you can buy lots of really trick stuff for YZ's....carbon fiber subframes and airboxes and stuff....along with big bore kits and cams and stuff.

Sweet...thanks for the info.

Any engineering analysis of that chain guard ahead of the countershaft? It doesn't look like it would absorb a hit like the standard unit that has openings. I wonder if it would bend the mounts or snap them off if the chain breaks.

Any engineering analysis of that chain guard ahead of the countershaft? It doesn't look like it would absorb a hit like the standard unit that has openings. I wonder if it would bend the mounts or snap them off if the chain breaks.

It's just the stock one with the plastic mud gaurd removed.