2008 Hour Meter for YZ450F

As I noted in the 2007 thread, On the 08's there is not enough space to wrap the hour meter wire on the upper portion of the spark plug boot. Does anyone know where else I could wrap the hour meter wire. Maybe on the ignition behind the numberplate?:banghead:

around the wire itself...then zip ty it

I was able to wrap 3.5 turns around the COP, works fine. Secured it with a piece of large shrink tube. Put a bullet connector between the meter and the COP to facilitate easy removal. works like a champ.

I was able to wrap 3.5 turns around the COP, works fine. Secured it with a piece of large shrink tube. Put a bullet connector between the meter and the COP to facilitate easy removal. works like a champ.

Now I maybe dumb but what is COP?

LOL, not a problem. Cop = Coil Over Plug

Back in olden times, we had a seperate coil, a high tension lead and a cap. all gone 'cause the COP came. :banghead:

Now I maybe dumb but what is COP?

Hey Wes, i just put one on my 08. You can pull the top rubber part of the cap down and wrap one loop around then slide the rubber boot back up. This holds the wire in place then you can wrap 2 or 3 loops around the top of the cap and secure with electrical tape. Worked great for me and looks good to.

Hey Wes, i just put one on my 08. You can pull the top rubber part of the cap down and wrap one loop around then slide the rubber boot back up. This holds the wire in place then you can wrap 2 or 3 loops around the top of the cap and secure with electrical tape. Worked great for me and looks good to.

I did just get the thing working. I wrapped the wire three times around the top and works! Finally! Man I appreciate your input, Fill her up!:banghead: