Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mightymart

Show me your rear end !

15 posts in this topic

I have just ripped off my rear indicator again & need to change the set up of the rear end ! I dont like the way my indicators stick out so far , So Im thinking of small leds, Also I must change the way my number plate is, it sits down to far ,I think it should sit just under the rear mudguard, as you can see from the picture my bike is standard but need ideas to tidy up the back end.

rearend.jpg

Perhaps one of the "L" guys can help you....

The "R" guys don't usually look at others rear ends.

:banghead:

1 person likes this

The Trick dualsport kit I put on a 520MXC a few years ago used this UFO piece, it's a nice solution.

taillght.jpg

Yeah, I'd hack that tail away if I were you! Baja designs sells the led tail/brake light setup for like $60US....but I've seen them on ebay for like $30US

I threw a set of these flush mount blinkers on (from ebay $15US) and really like them. They're pretty bright and haven't been smashed apart yet...I tend to destroy a lot of blinkers :banghead:

https://www.bajadesigns.com/net/mainframe2.aspx?login=YES&category=MCYCLE

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=51345

Freshly plated XR650R:

bling.jpg

I had the same LED's on my 650R and they are very slim but i still maniged to kick them a few times while throwing my leg over the bike:banghead:

I just took them off and use hand signals...i like my bike as illegal as possible:busted:

My dad bought his 650R with the flush mount signals and they are great! only way you can break those things is if you lay it down on a rock:thumbsup:

I just took them off and use hand signals...i like my bike as illegal as possible:busted:

Isn't it funny how no one seems to have a "street legal" dual sport.... but they always have plates on them :banghead:

LOE: "is that thing legal?"

Rider: "Uh, yes officer, see, it has a license plate...and here is the insurance card. It's all legal... (hey lets talk about other things so you dont look at the bike anymore)" :busted:

Perhaps one of the "L" guys can help you....

The "R" guys don't usually look at others rear ends.

:banghead:[/quote

"L"guys look at "L"adies rear ends....

"R" guys look at ???? lol

MOTOTRAX has a line of very small sidemarker lights that you can use. I have had good luck so far. They also make LED lights in the same configuration. $ 15 - 26 US. Barely street legal is still (street legal) :busted:

Good Luck :banghead:

if they were necessary, i would definitely use flush mounts, make sure you use a resistor. i do like that under fender tail light.

I have finally sorted my rear end !

I have used 2 waterproof strips of leds that I fitted in to the fender light one for rear light & one for brake light, Brake light being the center strips as they seem to glow brighter as apose to the other way round ???, also used a small stick on led for the number plate light. The indictors have bulbs in them at the moment but when I get the amber led strips I will fit them in instead.

I kept the metal bar that the original indictors were connected to but cut off the brackets, By keeping the metal bar made it easy to get a good fitting of ali strip for the number plate & keeping good strenght for the rear fender.

Looks alot better than the original :cool:

Ledsinbacklight.jpgDSC00287.jpgDSC00281.jpg