Longer Clutch Arm

I did the mod also. I lengthened it 5mm. It is simple to do. The actuator arm is easily removed. Just look in your manual for the proper procedure to remove it.

After the arm is lengthened, remember to paint it before you install it to keep it from rusting. After it is welded upon and the new metal is added, it will rust.

I don't have a good picture of my arm, but if no one else has one, I may be able to post one in a couple of days.

Or, someone could just scan and post the picture of a lengthened arm that was in the issue of MXA. That it where I learned of the mod.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING SENSE!! I really mean that! You have no idea how long and fruitlessly I argued with a guy I know just last Saturday night over this very mod!

ONLY: He showed me his SHORTENED linkage arm on his YZ426F AND tried to convince me it made his clutch EASIER to pull. After lecturing him about leverage and moment-arm principles of physics (you can't win here if the other guy never had or flunked physics), I took the Psychological Approach:"Maybe it just FEELS easier because you don't have to pull the clutch (hand) lever as far and are therefore getting the over-center let-off effect sooner."

Even a demonstration of how I could lift his big a$$ easier with a longer lever (beer can included) did not convince him :D :D :mad:Besides, as big as he is (6'4" 260lbs) WHAT DIFFERENCE COULD IT REALLY MAKE!!!??? ?

BTW, he shortened his himself.

TAKE A LOOK AT MSR'S RAPTOR LEVER/PERCH. IT HAS THE ABILITY TO MOUNT THE CABLE BARREL ON A DIFFERENT SPOT ON THE LEVER, INCREASING LEVERAGE MAKING CLUTCH PULL A LOT EASIER. MSR SAYS IT MAKES CLUTCH PULL 325% LESS EASIER. DOWNSIDE IS THAT YOU HAVE TO PULL THE LEVER IN FARTHER. THEIR PART# IS

341812 FOR THE STANDARD AND 341806 FOR THE SHORTY! HOPE I HELPED SOME!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I have one, but the &*%"ç*ing thing keeps leaking at the slave syclinder end. I had it serviced a year ago but it has been leaking none the less ever since I have had it. I will give it one more chance by ordering a new seal and actuating arm, after that it gets thrown in the incinerator if it doesnt work. ?

I modified my own lever by drilling another hole in front of the existing one and reming out were the cable goes!! works great and cost nothing! I used to run the easy clutch, same principal as the raptor. Side by side comparison to my buddies WR is way easier!