HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IrideWR

Dipstick

11 posts in this topic

I went for a ride Monday and after warming my bike around camp I seen oil dripping from my bike, At some point the dipstick came out and i lost oil.:banghead: I don't thank it cased damage. When I got home I called 4shopes in the area and none of them had one. Has this happened to any of you. Ow and have you seen a billet one for them.

I went for a ride Monday and after warming my bike around camp I seen oil dripping from my bike, At some point the dipstick came out and i lost oil.:banghead: I don't thank it cased damage. When I got home I called 4shopes in the area and none of them had one. Has this happened to any of you. Ow and have you seen a billet one for them.

Hello IrideWR.

It will help to know the model and year of your dipstick-less ride.

-Jay

It happenend to me a few weeks ago on a 2005 wr 450. I was lucky enough because the dip stick just came loose. I changed the oil and watch it like a hawk out on the trail.

mine started to come out the other day on the dyno. I'm thinking I'm going to drill a hole thru it and tie it fast.

mine started to come out the other day on the dyno. I'm thinking I'm going to drill a hole thru it and tie it fast.

Post the dyno print-out:thumbsup:

they did not give me one. the bike is still not tuned right . I'm waiting on parts ,for the next run. it hit like 49 hp but the slow jet was way rich . and I think my accelerator pump was not working .

Don't drill below the o-ring or it will leak through the hole you drilled.

if I would drill it below the o-ring it would not screw in all the way ether. I was going to drill the handle.

if I would drill it below the o-ring it would not screw in all the way ether. I was going to drill the handle.

It was meant to be a joke. I figured anyone would know not to compromise the area below where the o-ring seals. Sorry, my sarcasm is sometimes missed. :banghead:

Its an 07 450. I got it last December.

I have not seen an aftermarket dipstick for the '07 WR450. The dealer will prolly need to order it in for you.

Bummer.:banghead:

-Jay