Dipstick

I went for a ride Monday and after warming my bike around camp I seen oil dripping from my bike, At some point the dipstick came out and i lost oil.:banghead: I don't thank it cased damage. When I got home I called 4shopes in the area and none of them had one. Has this happened to any of you. Ow and have you seen a billet one for them.

I went for a ride Monday and after warming my bike around camp I seen oil dripping from my bike, At some point the dipstick came out and i lost oil.:banghead: I don't thank it cased damage. When I got home I called 4shopes in the area and none of them had one. Has this happened to any of you. Ow and have you seen a billet one for them.

Hello IrideWR.

It will help to know the model and year of your dipstick-less ride.

-Jay

It happenend to me a few weeks ago on a 2005 wr 450. I was lucky enough because the dip stick just came loose. I changed the oil and watch it like a hawk out on the trail.

Its an 07 450. I got it last December.

mine started to come out the other day on the dyno. I'm thinking I'm going to drill a hole thru it and tie it fast.

mine started to come out the other day on the dyno. I'm thinking I'm going to drill a hole thru it and tie it fast.

Post the dyno print-out:thumbsup:

they did not give me one. the bike is still not tuned right . I'm waiting on parts ,for the next run. it hit like 49 hp but the slow jet was way rich . and I think my accelerator pump was not working .

Don't drill below the o-ring or it will leak through the hole you drilled.

if I would drill it below the o-ring it would not screw in all the way ether. I was going to drill the handle.

if I would drill it below the o-ring it would not screw in all the way ether. I was going to drill the handle.

It was meant to be a joke. I figured anyone would know not to compromise the area below where the o-ring seals. Sorry, my sarcasm is sometimes missed. :banghead:

Its an 07 450. I got it last December.

I have not seen an aftermarket dipstick for the '07 WR450. The dealer will prolly need to order it in for you.

Bummer.:banghead:

-Jay