HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Krannie McKranface

CR500, XR650R? Hah! CR1000 !!

22 posts in this topic

Cool man, CR 500 X2 = double the fun and wheelies too ! That would be one wild ride in a kart :busted::D

HEY : Denn10 are you staying out of troubble out there ? :banghead:

Danny

Can you say-extended swingarm?

Sounds like a sand dragger and hillclimbers dream.

Race you up Olds hill...

210 HP there so FOS its not even funny!!! NO WAY you can piggyback to 500s and get 210HP they barely would get 60 out of one?? Im calling BULLSH$% big time with that!!!! Thought id see a 1000cc inline 4 off a CBR.

210 HP there so FOS its not even funny!!! NO WAY you can piggyback to 500s and get 210HP they barely would get 60 out of one?? Im calling BULLSH$% big time with that!!!! Thought id see a 1000cc inline 4 off a CBR.

I would have too agree,I could see 140 HP tops,and that's with some porting.

I'm not a mechanical engineer but I have to ask the question....

Is it possible that the power sum of two motors is greater than their individual rating?

instead of 1+1=2, could it be possible that we have 1+1= 3?

Again, I am not an engineer, but there is logic (maybe poor logic :banghead: ) behind my question...... I don't have a lot of time to type out an explanation so I will try to simplify it...

The energy (hp) produced at the crank is the result of combustion minus the thermal (and mechanical) energy losses in process of turning the crankshaft, gears, and other mechanical processes in the motor. In a single cylinder motor, one piston is responsible for turning the crank and gears....in the CR1000, there are two pistons sharing this single process of turning the crank and gears.....

to sum up what I'm trying to suggest...

Two individual cr500 motors have two cranks, two transmissions, two water pumps, ext. --> and each motor puts out ~60hp(?) for a theoretical combined ~120hp

But a cr1000 has two pistons, one crank, one transmission, one water pump, ext ---> with a combined hp rating that is possible greater than the sum of two cr500 motors

I have no experiance with motor design/ building ....so please correct me if this makes absolutely no F-ing sense!!!!!

HP numbers seem very optimistic, could be lots of reliability issues from clutch/trans/driveline/cooling and who knows what. But it would be fun when it runs.

take a CBR1000RR that has 160hp and thats at 13k rpm no way to cr500s come close to that, even a pretty bad ass cbr1000 motor wouldnt be much more than 210hp. DONT get me wrong im all for the idea just that HP number was the first thing i saw and it kinda got me wondering about all the rest or what they were saying.

2 pistons, 1 crank, 1 trans., = less reciprocating weight.

looks like more HP to me. i definately think there has to be a fair amount of porting, intake, exhaust work to realize the 200 HP claim though.

Their are some 800,1000cc sleds that put out 150hp (or so) stock.

But on a realistic matter ..look at the picture close. It's a line of crap as far as i'm concerned.

That photoshopped motor has been around for years, the only real CR1000s I know of are twin engined hillclimbers.

Now I guess if you wanted some ridiculous 2 stroke power you could mate two 500cc v4 honda NSR engines for like 350 HP and still only 1000cc's..:banghead:

That photoshopped motor has been around for years, the only real CR1000s I know of are twin engined hillclimbers.

Call them and ask about it before you make up your mind based on those pictures.

FWIW, I was skeptical too so I did call them. This was probably about a year ago. I hung up the phone convinced they are real engines.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5710236#post5710236

Call them and ask about it before you make up your mind based on those pictures.

FWIW, I was skeptical too so I did call them. This was probably about a year ago. I hung up the phone convinced they are real engines.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5710236#post5710236

I remember when all this went down, a few people called and came away convinced.

Where are the running motors now? They posted those pics 2 years ago and I've yet to see a completed or running motor.

Don't get me wrong I think the idea is cool as hell and it would definatly be an alky banshee eater but I wanna see pics and vids of a runner before I believe it.

So what if you put two XR650R cylinders and heads together like this? Would that give you 200 hp as well?

So what if you put two XR650R cylinders and heads together like this? Would that give you 200 hp as well?

NO you end up with a 1300cc V Twin Honda VTX!!!:banghead:

Seeing as Ducati squeezed 165 hp or so from a twin in the new 1098, I too am suspicious about a couple guys in the garage pulling 210 hp out of a motor with light modification. I call bogus.

got to think about this though..

a 2-stroke makes more power with less CC's. how could it not happen with said engine and mild porting/good exhaust? :banghead: