Chrome tank caps now for 2008??

Weird. Here's a pic from the honda.com site and it's clearly a black cap:

XR650L.jpg

CMON GUYS you know you gotta order the "650L BLING" package to get the chrome cap!!!!!

Weird. Here's a pic from the honda.com site and it's clearly a black cap:

XR650L.jpg

Let's face it, this bike is really starting to show it's age and it's going to take more than a gas cap or headlight surround to bring it into the 1990's. Guy's on here swear by their 650L's so it must be a great machine. Why not overhaul it in the looks department with parts from this bike:

hondafmx650-5836-030-f.jpg

The XRL is a great get-you-there, get-you-back bike that'll handle mountain trails, rocks, hillclimbs, thick northeast woods with no trail, the desert, the 5-miles-of-hell trail, anything.

Not the fastest at any of those (though in the rocks the weight will help a bit), but the fitzall is rarely the fastest.

Dave

I hate to say it,I now own 3 XR's,but if Honda don't get back with the program,alot of people are going to the DRZ's cause they make the next best dual sport,well maybe the KTM is better than the DRZ.

It's a shame Honda is not making a XRR.The CRF's are high maintance,more like a 2 stroke from what I understand as far as top ends goes.

I wish Honda would make a XRL with the XRR engine,and a aluminum frame.

I would diffently buy one.

Happy new year all!!! Love my 2007 650L. Also own a HD (Ultra), not into all the chrome (pain in the a** to keep shiney), in fact, one of my fav. sayings is "Chrome won't get you Home"!

Ditto on the Happy New Year!

Chrome gas cap??? Better than "hot new graphics" any day. LOL I'm feeling a big change in Honda's dual sport bike for the 09 model year. I think the venerable "L" is just about at the end of it's venerable rope. But hey, I like mine.

Was out bike lookin the other day and the local dealer had a couple "R's" on the floor. Had a leftover 05 for 52. Good or bad? They do look good but can't see myself putting the street miles on one that I do on my L.

Later, OGB

I'm feeling a big change in Honda's dual sport bike for the 09 model year. I think the venerable "L" is just about at the end of it's venerable rope.

The "L" is for Legend. As we all know a legend never dies! Happy New Year.

What's a "dessert beaste", some sort of cake?

Chrome gas cap??? Better than "hot new graphics" any day. LOL I'm feeling a big change in Honda's dual sport bike for the 09 model year. I think the venerable "L" is just about at the end of it's venerable rope. But hey, I like mine.

Was out bike lookin the other day and the local dealer had a couple "R's" on the floor. Had a leftover 05 for 52. Good or bad? They do look good but can't see myself putting the street miles on one that I do on my L.

Later, OGB

5200, not bad. id like to have it next to my 05 L!

Lol, desert beaste.

YUMMY thats when you eat the dirt at about 35mph trying to show off to some chicks on quads

YUMMY thats when you eat the dirt at about 35mph trying to show off to some chicks on quads

that'll teach ya!lol

ive ate some "dessert beaste" fresh dirt on Pismo right in the surf too, tasted just like he was explaining, trying to stretch legs in early cold morning then well fell over, luckily i had a few buddies help me up by roosting the crap out of me with nice wet damp sea water logged sand!!!! I got up FAST

There's only one "e" in beast. :banghead:

http://dallarahonda.com/xr650r_new.htm

This has been available in Europe for a while. This is what could replace my '94 650L. I wonder if Honda does not want to alienate the old 600R loyalists as this is it's last decendant available. Do ya'll remember when they first released the 650R they still offered the 600R as well that year? Maybe time will tell if they offer something but for now I am going to still enjoy my ol' reliable bike.:banghead:

bought a chorme gas cap for my new IMS tank for that "extra bling"... ;-)