Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1999xr650lman

Chrome tank caps now for 2008??

35 posts in this topic

I was at a local motorcycle dealer picking up some parts for a bike that I'm restoring and when I walked past the '08 650L, I noticed it had a chrome, yes a chrome gas tank cap! It looked so out of place and something that the tuner guys would put on their Honda Civic or something. The 650L's are great bikes, but man is Honda so out of ideas that they're now putting chrome, yes chrome, on the desert beaste!?:banghead:

I was at a local motorcycle dealer picking up some parts for a bike that I'm restoring. When I walked past the '08 650L, I noticed it had a chrome, yes a chrome gas tank cap! It looked so out of place and something that the tuner guys would put on their Honda Civic or something. The 650L's are great bikes, but man is Honda so out of ideas that they're now putting chrome, yes chrome, on the dessert beaste!?:busted:

it wouldnt surprise me one bit. i have heard of this twice now.:banghead:

BNG wasn't enough, they had to go to BNCGC!!

Maybe they've been waiting to do this until they had money in the budget...

Dave

Honda so out of ideas that they're now putting chrome, yes chrome, on the dessert beaste!?:banghead:

Not out of ideas, out of customers..........the DRZ is kickin' it's ass.

Not out of ideas, out of customers..........the DRZ is kickin' it's ass.

dont know why, maybe the DRZ guys are just too short!:banghead:

I didn't mention it, but I gotta' admit that I'm not liking the white headlight surrounds either. Why not keep things red so it flows with the rest of the bike? :banghead:

What does "BNG" stand for?

I didn't mention it, but I gotta' admit that I'm not liking the white headlight surrounds either. Why not keep things red so it flows with the rest of the bike? :banghead:

DON'T ANYBODY TELL HIM THE SECRET MEANING OF THIS!

Bold Ne<KaBlam!!>.... [NO CARRIER]

Weird. Here's a pic from the honda. com site and it's clearly a black cap:

XR650L.jpg

Let's face it, this bike is really starting to show it's age and it's going to take more than a gas cap or headlight surround to bring it into the 1990's. Guy's on here swear by their 650L's so it must be a great machine. Why not overhaul it in the looks department with parts from this bike:

hondafmx650-5836-030-f.jpg

DON'T ANYBODY TELL HIM THE SECRET MEANING OF THIS!

Hmmmm, maybe "bold new graphics"?:busted:

Why not overhaul it in the looks department with parts from this bike:

Loose that small black fender just above the front fender and that would be awesome!:banghead: