Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Jim

White or Blue yz450

15 posts in this topic

I just purchased a 2008 yz 450f in blue. I was looking at graphics on motosport.com and one industries has a kit that offers white plastics (front/rear fender and shrouds) with camo graphics for fenders, shroud, swingarm and also a black gripper seat cover for $169. It seems like a good deal. I was wondering if any of you that have white bikes can give me some insight on how the white plastic holds up. Does it stay white or turn yellow/brown? How do you keep it clean? What products do you use and how hard is it too keep the white plastic looking good?

ive had mine for over two months and it still looks brand new:applause: i try to ride every weekend, when i do go riding i clean it as soon as i get home with simple green and love:busted: i heard bleche-wite works good to.i have not had to use it though,i like the white and red better:thinking: it takes me back to the good ole days:cheers: :banghead:

i use goo gone on mine. bike still looks new minus a few straches from get offs. 170 sounds like a good deal for that kit..

The white stays looking new much longer than any other plastic i have ever used, especially for someone prone to tipping over.

goo gone removes everything. i also use oops!. depending on whatever store im at. This stuff will even remove the rub marks on your alum. frames. what i do is i wash the bike, then wipe it down. and whatever is still there i get the goo gone or oops out and hit it with that.. it takes the chain cast off, the yellowing on the gas tank and even rub marks..

awhile ago i woulda gone white because no one at all had a white bike but now that the 07 yzf and the 08 are mostly white its hard to know what to go to be different

I have used orange pumiced hand cleaner on my cr500 tanks and now on my white 450, looks great when done but might scratch up the plastic enough that it gets dirtier easier and looks dull over time. My experience with the blue plastic is it leaves lots of white crease marks pretty easily. Will pick up some simple green and try that.

I have a 1 year old white '07. As said simple green is great. As long as you clean it within a week of dirt being on there you should be fine. Sometimes I have to use a brush to get the dirt off the plastic. After a year my bike is still looking new minus the scratches, etc.

I just purchased a 2008 yz 450f in blue. I was looking at graphics on motosport.com and one industries has a kit that offers white plastics (front/rear fender and shrouds) with camo graphics for fenders, shroud, swingarm and also a black gripper seat cover for $169. It seems like a good deal. I was wondering if any of you that have white bikes can give me some insight on how the white plastic holds up. Does it stay white or turn yellow/brown? How do you keep it clean? What products do you use and how hard is it too keep the white plastic looking good?

I have an 07' and am going to purchase that same kit this winter. It looks real nice and I like the idea of having two sets of different colored plastic to change up as the mood strikes. (thats not girly is it)?:banghead:

i don't know what kind of dirt you guys have but the dirt at jawbone doesn't full wash off. its only on the radiator shrouds where my legs rub.

but man its irritating. and the boot marks on my frame and rear number plates drive me nuts.

I have a white 08 with plenty of hours on it already and I use those magic eraser sponges, they actually work great and they are only a couple bucks for a two pack at wal mart. Can never go wrong with simple green either.:banghead: