HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ariellind

Plastics for XR 650r

11 posts in this topic

wanted to get new plastics for an XR650r Dose anyone make them in diferent colors. Wanted to go all white. I know aceribis makes some that will work but what about the side shrouds that come off the tank and the rear fender.

I've never been able to find any. Iv'e thought about painting with a automotive paint with flex additive. (the stuff they use on plastic car bumpers) But the plastic must be treated first so it will stick properly.

You can get XR replica plastic in red from UFO, black shrouds and rear fender from UFO via XR's only. With Euro aftermarket tanks you can use CRF shrouds in the colors that you want,you can modify older CR rear fenders ('98 or so look for it @ www.xr-italia.com ,xr650 section)to work ...or go for a complete rebuild ,look here: http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530192&page=4&highlight=ultramotard

If you decide to go original looking....... Servicehonda.com has reasonable prices compared to after market stuff........

I've never been able to find any. Iv'e thought about painting with a automotive paint with flex additive. (the stuff they use on plastic car bumpers) But the plastic must be treated first so it will stick properly.

If you're painting plastics, use Krylon Fusion. It chemically bonds to the plastic.

There other threads on this, on other sites as well.

did you do anything for chemical resistance on the gas tank. i'm going to paint my xrr black and my husky white.

did you do anything for chemical resistance on the gas tank. i'm going to paint my xrr black and my husky white.

You mean you want to paint the tank? I'm no expert on this, but I don't think you can paint a plastic tank. The paint bubbles. Same with putting stickers on the tank. Something to do with the tank "breathing" and gasoline fumes coming through the plastic.

There might be a way to seal the tank, I'm not sure about that.

that sucks, i want to go all black but it will look kind of goofy with a red tank.

Clarke does offer a black 4.3 tank...................