Another Applied Clamps Question

Hi all, I've used this site to snake info off of, but now I need info I can't find and what the heck, you guys all like to get dirty to. So I thought I should sign up and maybe offer another opinion, just to muddy the waters ... kinda like a new line through the mud hole. Except you might want to review my screen name before you pin it behind me.

Anyway, I just recieved 24mm offset Applied Clamps from a mail order company and want to press my stem in tomorrow. I know, it's just a silly millimeter, but I'm tracing both them and my stockers on paper and I'm not seeing that mm. I'm questioning if they sent me factory 25's. The top clamp clamp has 5538 stamped under the front lip and the bottom clamp has 5539 stamped under its front lip.

They came "unpacked" with some new shoes for the scoot and not with the Applied box. I'll check with the dealer tomorrow, but I'm sure there's the potential for them to just brush it off and say they're good. Applied has taken a vacation this week and I'd like to race an indoor this Saturday:ride: . So if any one out there has the same set and can see how their's is stamped, please let me know. You would have to pull the number plate for the top and fender for the bottom, but I'd appreciate your efforts! :banghead:

Oh yea, they're black rubber mount 24mm for an 06 YZ450f, the 07 & 08's would be different clamps.

Thanks again for the help.

Considering that a millimeter is just under 0.040", tracing on paper is probably not going to be an accurate way to measure that.

well I can tell you later today.

But my 24mm Black kit with stem is applied # 5541KBK

Did you buy this from BTO by chance? They can cross reference part numbers

I hear ya Grey,

I thought it would be tough to tell tracing, but figured it would be the only way I could measure with my millimeter ruler. I just wish they would have shipped in a factory box stamped with the specs. I'm afraid I'll already have a tough time telling the difference. I'm a head case in a race. As ridicules as that is I can see that last turn inside pass for the win with my 24's! It would usually be cake this time of the year with my new model, but it sucks how much money it costs to trade one out these days. So thought I'd give the 06 a little love and pretend.:banghead:

Not BTO, another company. I'm not sure about posting anything about them on a public forum as I'm not sure if they did anything wrong. I will call them in a couple of hours, see what they have to say. If they are blowing smoke or I get an accurate responce I'll be sure to let everyone know. Just looking to verify from another source.

Thanks Ga426owner.

With both clamps flipped over, lay two bolts of any size (as long as they are the same size) in the fork tube bores, and then set a straight against them. Now measure from either edge of the stem bore to the straight edge. Then measure the second clamp the same way, and you should see 1 mm difference in the measurement.

Hi all, I've used this site to snake info off of, but now I need info I can't find and what the heck, you guys all like to get dirty to. So I thought I should sign up and maybe offer another opinion, just to muddy the waters ... kinda like a new line through the mud hole. Except you might want to review my screen name before you pin it behind me.

Anyway, I just recieved 24mm offset Applied Clamps from a mail order company and want to press my stem in tomorrow. I know, it's just a silly millimeter, but I'm tracing both them and my stockers on paper and I'm not seeing that mm. I'm questioning if they sent me factory 25's. The top clamp clamp has 5538 stamped under the front lip and the bottom clamp has 5539 stamped under its front lip.

They came "unpacked" with some new shoes for the scoot and not with the Applied box. I'll check with the dealer tomorrow, but I'm sure there's the potential for them to just brush it off and say they're good. Applied has taken a vacation this week and I'd like to race an indoor this Saturday:ride: . So if any one out there has the same set and can see how their's is stamped, please let me know. You would have to pull the number plate for the top and fender for the bottom, but I'd appreciate your efforts! :busted:

Oh yea, they're black rubber mount 24mm for an 06 YZ450f, the 07 & 08's would be different clamps.

Thanks again for the help.

You do have the correct clamps, Tumblin!

If they were the stock 25mm offset with rubber bar mounts for your year and model, the top clamp would be 5468 and the bottom clamp would be 5469.

Good luck with your race Saturday!:banghead::D

Easy enough to pull the top clamp, just see if the Applied top clamp will slide back on.

What a bunch of Sherlocks you guys are! All great fairly simple ideas that in my anxiety and rush to the net kept me from thinking of. Maybe the net is part of the dumming of America? Na, saved me some time and may not have thought of it all.

The Applied Top clamp doesn't line up w/stock bottoms, thanks mxracer and by measuring my "Gray" jig and I'm short 1mm, but thanks to Rokat88's factory specs I know I'm not off the 2mm + or - that Applied manufactures. So I'm going to find me a press.

Thanks guys.