Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wikki

Are there two versions of the 05 YZ450F??

8 posts in this topic

I just bought a 05 YZ450F with about 20 hours on it. When I look the bike up in the Cycle trader I see an 05 with a tube frame painted blue (Like mine) and and another with a box-type frame painted silver. Were there two

YZ450F types to choose from in 05?

I just bought a 05 YZ450F with about 20 hours on it. When I look the bike up in the Cycle trader I see an 05 with a tube frame painted blue (Like mine) and and another with a box-type frame painted silver. Were there two

YZ450F types to choose from in 05?

Nope. The 05's had a blue steel frame and the 06-08's have an aluminum frame.

Nope, in 06 yamaha went to the aluminum frame, which is the silver square tube frame. The 06 WR450F kept the steel frame that the 05 YZ450F had. Are you sure you weren't looking at 06 and seeing a YZ450F and a WR450F?

Do a search in Cycle Trader and tell me if I'm crazy. Be sure to search (Any in location)

Nope the 05 450 has a steel blue frame. The 05 and newer YZ125 and 250 two strokes as well as the 06 and new 4 strokes use the aluminum square frame.

Do a search in Cycle Trader and tell me if I'm crazy. Be sure to search (Any in location)
That would be a waste of time. There is only one version of the '05. When you see one with an aluminum frame offered as an '06, either the year or the picture in the ad is wrong.