HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
450-F

Dr.D pipe

186 posts in this topic

I am looking at either getting a DR.D slip on for my WR450 or a FMF Powercore , which one is the best, and or which DR.D should I get. Sound is not much of a issue, I really do need a spark arrestor though.

I have the DRD Stainless/ alum full pipe on my 07. I love it. Only bummer is you have to pull it off to change the oil. Header runs right across the top bolt for the filter cover. Great power, and looks great too.

000_0047.jpg

I have the DRD slipon on my '06 WR450 & my first impressions when I fitted it were "Wow!!". With the standard slipon with silencer removed I would have to drop down to 2nd or 1st gear to get up boggy sandy hill climbs but with the DRD I now manage it in 3rd gear. Much improved bottom end & not a bad note either.

Cheers

I have the DRD Stainless/ alum full pipe on my 07. I love it. Only bummer is you have to pull it off to change the oil. Header runs right across the top bolt for the filter cover. Great power, and looks great too.

000_0047.jpg

That's wierd, I dont have that problem with my 07 WR. At the time (early 2007) DR.D did not have a system for the 07 WR so I bought the full race system for the YZ (Spark arrestor model was also available) and it fit beautifully. The can is slightly different but I really can't understand why the header would be different. You should really look into that with Dr. D. Maybe have them replave the header with a YZ header. See my Garage for photos.

I was thinking on a DR.D slipon with Powerbomb header (much like what clark4131 did). Then I saw the price, and now I'm kinda leaning back toward the FMF Powercore , with a Powerbomb header. :banghead:

I was looking at http://www.dubachracing.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

Shouldnt be that much if you look around, I have the Dr D system (header and muffler) on its way to me right now for under $400 shipped.

Have you guys tried Quality Smart? I believe the price listed for the Dr. D is for the can and header, though I may be mistaken. I bought my can from them for $301 shipped on 2/14/07...I love Quicken...SC

I found a site selling the Stainless Steel/ Aluminum System for 412.46. I'll tell you guys the site after I buy mine. Sorry I really want one lol :banghead:

That's the older model exhaust , pretty good price. How about the new exhaust for the 2006-2008 bikes? Any good deals on those? I bought mine for $499.00, supposedly a good deal for a $549.00 MSRP exhaust.:D :D :banghead::busted:

I like WB E-2 pipes but the 08 WR450 needs a header pipe. I have one laying around from my 03 YZ450.

I wonder if that one would fit.

I have a 2008 WR450 with several mods and this is by far the best power mod you can do. The power difference is phenomenal. You can finally pick the front end up on demand...which is a beautiful thing!

Do all the basic mod's, get the system and you wont be disappointed in your power output.

I got the complete DrD system from Qualitysmart.com for $417.86.

I absolutely love it. My roommate has the stock exhaust on the exact same same bike and I absolutely blow his doors off.

I have heard that with some Dr. D exhaust systems that you don't need to rejet, however it is obviously still a good idea to to get best performance. I was wondering if anybody could prove or disprove this and if it is so then which systems. Also has anybody put a Dr. D system on and not rejetted but still gotten a significant power increase.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

I can just about GUARANTEE you that a jetting change will be needed unless you are already running fat. WR's run lean with factory settings, and even rejetted bikes tend to run best on the lean side. A freer flowing exhaust ALWAYS makes a bike leaner. Who are you going to believe, someone trying to sell you something, or TT? :banghead:...SC