regulator wiring

my e-start has this thing where it works all day then the battery has to be put on a charger or it's dead. the PO had the baja designs e-start put on. today i was poking around looking for a loose wire or some other reason why the battery is not charging and found this.

235924622-L.jpg

the blue wire has been cut off for some reason. anybody have any idea why this would be done? and would it prevent charging? the e-start does work fine but not toward the end of the day.

235924659-L.jpg

get rid of that e-start and start kikkin, i dont even need a battery to run bigger headlight, blinkers, speedo, and taillight, just rewound the stator

yeah, i thought i'd do that after i bought it but i kinda like it now :banghead:

I have a 98 XR 600 R and i do not use a batt. I have one but it is no good when i bought the bike. BAHA DESIGNS told me that if i don't put the batt. back it will damage my reg. He said my blinkers will start acting up,my headlight and tail light. ????? I have not found that to be a problem yet :busted: That is not to say it won't be later,but i will take that chance.My stator is stock as far as i know but i am going to check the output this week and find out if it is a rewind (that would be cool ) My headlight is very brite but the blinker is on and the pulse can be seen to alternate with the headlight ? Do you have this with your rewind ? This i would like to know, can you post here if your blinker makes tour headlight pulse ? Thanks,as long as we are talking about it :banghead: Is your bike a 650 ? You did not say year and model ?