15 tooth front sprocket ?

hey guys well i already started ice racing this year and im needing more topspeed. im already hitting 5th gear wide open just as i come out of the corner so i already have this sprocket for the front but im just wondering can i fit a 15 tooth front..

thanks guys

BTW im running stock gearing right now. ( stock gearing worked great last year but this year we have one big track) :banghead:

Assuming you are talking about your '06 YZ450, the stock gearing is 13/49. Yes you can fit a 14 or 15 front. The 14 will fit without modification. The 15 will require you to use the chain guide (case saver) from an '03-'05, or modify yours to clear it.

ok thanks a lot garyracer and yes im talking about the 06 yz450 :banghead:

hey guys well i already started ice racing this year and im needing more topspeed. im already hitting 5th gear widopen j i come out of the corner so i already have this sprocket for the front but im just wondering can i fit a 15 tooth front

wow.....its hard to imagine maxing 5th gear maxed out on a 450:eek: must be a lot of lost traction and spinning the rear tire:busted:

If you're running on a 3/8 to a 1/2 mile track a 15/49 might be a tad tall. I tend to run 14/46 on my 07 450's on 1/2 mile dirttracks. 15 fits but I had to take a dremel to the stock casesaver real quick to get clearance but it's maybe a 10 minute job.

What sort of modification is required or is it just easier and quicker to obtain the '03-'05 chain guide? I will be running an '07 YZ450F at Daytona Motor Speedway in a Supermono class in early March 08, and need to gear this bike very tall for that track. I am considering 15/40 (2.67).

Assuming you are talking about your '06 YZ450, the stock gearing is 13/49. Yes you can fit a 14 or 15 front. The 14 will fit without modification. The 15 will require you to use the chain guide (case saver) from an '03-'05, or modify yours to clear it.

I think he asked about a 15 because he assumed he had a 14 now. But you do understand that 15/49 and 14/46 are virtually the same ratio, right?

Yes I do. But I find it hard to believe they're running on a true 1/2 mile therefore making true 1/2 mile gearing a tad tal;l as a 15/49 or a 14/46 ratio is what i tend to run at alot of the pro dirttrack 1/2 miles. Alot of ice riding is done here in Michigan and our tracks are genually more of a 3/8 mile and not a true half mile.

Just from experience thought a 15/49 might be a tad tall and think a 14/49 might be closer. But then again that's gearing for top gear and not taking into consideration running 4th.