HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frank ZX

Quick ratio throttle

14 posts in this topic

My throttle seems to twist all the way around the bar.I'm exaggrating,but it does turn a long ways. I was wondering if anybody is using a 1/4 or 1/2 turn throttle on their XRL?Any pics?

might be worth a shot would prolly take some getting used to. Ive never used one and dont think i would ever try one as i dont have any problems getting er WFO.

I've got a quick ratio throttle assembly from Motion Pro on my L. I put it on when I installed my Edelbrock Pumper. IMHO it makes a nice improvement in throttle response when coupled to the Eddy. Wheelies are almost unavoidable now when I crack the throttle. I pretty much have to lean my big fat ass forward or the wheel comes up every time. :banghead:

might be worth a shot would prolly take some getting used to. Ive never used one and dont think i would ever try one as i dont have any problems getting er WFO.

I got a couple screws in my right wrist,thats keeps my wrist from moving as far as it use to.

how bout an atv thumb throttle?:banghead:

Well,I'm not that immobile.lol:bonk: Maybe I should try and take all the slack from the cable.

how much is that motion pro , and will it work on the R

I think it's around $30.00,and I also think it's for a single throttle cable and aftermarket carb.Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.Are you still running the stock CV carb?

I think it's around $30.00,and I also think it's for a single throttle cable and aftermarket carb.Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.Are you still running the stock CV carb?

The one that I got for my L is a Straight Push-Pull Throttle and the price was $19.90. You can find it under the "Controls" section of the Motion Pro web site. I also ordered a set of cables with mine, I'm pretty sure stock cables won't work with it as it's a totally different setup than the stock POS on the L.

Did the Motion Pro help much?

Yes. :banghead:

Coupled to the Edelbrock Pumper it made the world of difference. However, I don't know if a stock carb could handle the quicker idle to WOT progression without bogging or flooding. :busted: