HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stevilkanevil

L vs R

9 posts in this topic

to all you R lovers out there. I was lead to believe that I could not reg. 650 r after 1998 in Calafornia. Is this true?

Bought my R in 01 plated from berkley honda ,buddy bought a used R two years ago and got it plated,there are ways to do it I'm told.

if you have issues you can do a special construction title. just like all the custom chopper guys do.:banghead:

Feb 2002 was the cut off date for 'dual registration' (Green sticker bike with a plate) in Cal.

If you can get a peace officer to ok the EPA as on-road, and get a lighting inspection after your DS kit is installed, you can get it plated. It may not stick, but it seems as though a large percentage have, and do stay plated.

with the regs of today in CA i wouldnt plan on trying to get one plated that i wanted forever cuz its possible that down the road even next registration that they may revoke the tags. If i had the bike and just wanted to try i would but i wouldnt buy one in hopes of having that my only street legal.

thanks, had to have street legal so 07 650l was right choice for me.A little tall but not a problem if you dont stop.ha ha