HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BoobZ

i have a question

5 posts in this topic

ok here is my problem.. im in the process of adjusting my fuel mixture screw on the 426 and came across a predicament..

how do i know where to set the fuel mixture screw if i dont know where to set the idle adjustment screw?? im sure its commons sense or something but i was just wondering if it was even relavent..

like, say, if i turned the fuel screw in and made up for the idle drop by adjusting the idle screw would that work or would i solely have to base the fuel adjustment on the "crispness" and not the highest idle?

OR, would the highest idle of the fuel screw have nothing to do with the fuel screw?

how is it possible to keep the bike at 1800rpm high idle if these bikes dont come with tachs? lol

ok here is my problem.. im in the process of adjusting my fuel mixture screw on the 426 and came across a predicament..

how do i know where to set the fuel mixture screw if i dont know where to set the idle adjustment screw?? im sure its commons sense or something but i was just wondering if it was even relavent..

like, say, if i turned the fuel screw in and made up for the idle drop by adjusting the idle screw would that work or would i solely have to base the fuel adjustment on the "crispness" and not the highest idle?

OR, would the highest idle of the fuel screw have nothing to do with the fuel screw?

how is it possible to keep the bike at 1800rpm high idle if these bikes dont come with tachs? lol

When I adjust my fuel screw I actually turn the idle up. It makes it easier for me to hear when the mixture is right. After I'm done adjusting, I'll turn the idle back down. Don't worry about the exact RPM.

Here is the best way that I've found to adjust the screw. Start the bike and warm it up. Turn the idle up just a little. Slowly turn the fuel screw in, until the RPM's drop and the motor wants to stall. Then slowly turn the screw out until the RPM's peak. (listen closely) Once they peak, turn the screw back in 1/8th of a turn. Turn the idle back down and wack the throttle and see if its crisp.

Now if you have to turn the screw out more than 3 times to get the motor to "peak" the RPM's....then you need a larger pilot jet. If it takes less than one turn to find the "peak" then you need a smaller pilot.

Hope this helps...

yes it deffinately did..

i just didnt know where to set the idle and all that.. after tinkering with it for a while i finally got it to peak good and get a crisp snap out of the throttle..

i used to race a fuel injected sportbike and did all the tuning through a computer so im new to the whole carb. thing.

o ya, its the shiz right? its a life long nickname since my real name is bobby. my bro always called me boobie, then people started calling me boobz. lol.