HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wes Woodin

Best step seat!

9 posts in this topic

I'm really happy with the guts step seat kit. The kit is just the raised back part and a new gripper seat cover. It allows you to place the step where you want. It was one of the best mods I've made. My arms last a lot longer now, cause the seat is holding me forward.

I would stay away from SDG seats...I have read nothing but bad things about them. I read that they are very hard to bolt up because they don't sit right and I heard that they use a really hard foam. Maybe someone else could say other wise but I would buy the GUTS step seat kit or maybe try those new FX Gripper Seat covers with the "bump" made into it. Good luck!:banghead:

I have a regular SDG Seat. its really hard. My butt hurts after riding for a couple of hours.

I would not buy an SDG seat (my bike came with one).

Patrick M.

Yes the past SDG seats for 03-05 were hard and fit was questionable.....:banghead:

I have a tall Reg SDG seat on my 06 and it is just the right softness...not too soft and the fit is fine......

I do not however have a step seat and - have not enjoyed riding a step seat either....I am old school.

Wes the best stepseat IMO would be a seat cut by you for you and moulded to your body shape. This is what the Pros do. Otherwise try one of the Gutz or SDG to see if they work for you.

Yes the past SDG seats for 03-05 were hard and fit was questionable.....:banghead:

I have a tall Reg SDG seat on my 06 and it is just the right softness...not too soft and the fit is fine......

I do not however have a step seat and - have not enjoyed riding a step seat either....I am old school.

Wes the best stepseat IMO would be a seat cut by you for you and moulded to your body shape. This is what the Pros do. Otherwise try one of the Gutz or SDG to see if they work for you.

Thanks Guys! I will not buy the SDG.

Got the guts seat today, and it look great. Best of all I can use the comfortable stock cushion in conjunction with the new step. Great cover too. :banghead::busted::D :D :D :D