Engine stalls after initial water contact - ***?

Hey all. Im riding a 98 WR400 and the engine stalls out after I hit the first puddle. No throttle response and it takes about 5 minutes before I can restart. Once restarted she will dive through any puddle no problems it's just the first one that gets her everytime. I've re-routed a couple of the carb hoses to the air box and checked wiring thinking it might be an electrical short but nothing doing. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hey all. Im riding a 98 WR400 and the engine stalls out after I hit the first puddle. No throttle response and it takes about 5 minutes before I can restart. Once restarted she will dive through any puddle no problems it's just the first one that gets her everytime. I've re-routed a couple of the carb hoses to the air box and checked wiring thinking it might be an electrical short but nothing doing. Any suggestions? Thanks

You said you checked electrical but my first suspect would be kill switch circuit either in the switch or somewhere else is getting wet and shorting.

Good Luck!

hi,

I have similar problem like you after I hit the water even not so deep like to half haight of engine (to the half on of the clutch cover) my engine die I cant restart it to couple of minutes kicking or electric start.

My is wr450 '06

Did you check the condition of your plug cap?