Is this normal looking?

Is this normal, how the silicone crap on the stator wire is showing like this? I saw other new 08 450s like mine and they looked the same, but i don't know anything about this. Bike has not even 2 hours on it. Sorry if this seems dumb btw, i just want to know before it goes outa warranty.

Heres a pic

IMG_2816.jpg

yes..

its normal it seals from water and dirt getting in there

its normal it seals from water and dirt getting in there

ya I knew that but it just looks like it is backed out a lot.

I had forgot to ask that months ago. Mine looks exactly like that.

Thank goodness it is normal.

Vibration pulls it out...........

mine looks the same.. i noticed that as soon as i brought it home.. but its normal.

mine looks about the same, no issues yet.

Mine looked exactly the same right off the floor., I put some Hi temp silicone on it myself, just to be sure. No problems.

Mine looked exactly the same right off the floor., I put some Hi temp silicone on it myself, just to be sure. No problems.

ok thats what I was thinking about doing. cool

thanks guys

ok thats what I was thinking about doing. cool

thanks guys

Thats how they all come from the factory. If you ever have that cover off for anything....the service manual tells you to apply sealant in that area when putting the cover back on.

Is this normal, how the silicone crap on the stator wire is showing like this? I saw other new 08 450s like mine and they looked the same, but i don't know anything about this. Bike has not even 2 hours on it. Sorry if this seems dumb btw, i just want to know before it goes outa warranty.

Heres a pic

IMG_2816.jpg

You got a warranty? I've never been offered a warranty on a race bike.

You got a warranty? I've never been offered a warranty on a race bike.

The race bikes come with a 30 day warranty.