Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TobyB

Tire Size ?

15 posts in this topic

I have a 07 YZ450F and it has a 110/90/19 rear. I screwed up and bought a 120/80/19 bridgestone 404. Will this still work or do I need to go exchange it?

Thanks.

Toby

Is it wrong that my 110 rubs the standard exhaust on my 06yzf when landing? I dont notice it happenning, but theres rub marks all over the exhaust.

Is it wrong that my 110 rubs the standard exhaust on my 06yzf when landing? I dont notice it happenning, but theres rub marks all over the exhaust.

Yeah, its wrong..... You have a bent subframe probably...

I have a 07 YZ450F and it has a 110/90/19 rear. I screwed up and bought a 120/80/19 bridgestone 404. Will this still work or do I need to go exchange it?

Thanks.

Toby

You will absolutely love the 404 in the 120 size.

Thanks for the replys, you guys are awsome! I bought the 404 after hearing great things from the magazines and here and cant wait to try it out.

Toby

Yeah, its wrong..... You have a bent subframe probably...

Nah surely not, it's always done it since new. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm the correct weight for the spring and hardly ever bottom the rear suspension out.

Nah surely not, it's always done it since new. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm the correct weight for the spring and hardly ever bottom the rear suspension out.

you can check it out by pulling your shock off and moving the rear wheel and swingarm all the way up until it touches your rear fender. It shouldnt touch the pipe at all. Neither my 06 or 08 touch. How can you think that the wheel rubbing or touching the pipe is right as it moves through its arc of travel?

you can check it out by pulling your shock off and moving the rear wheel and swingarm all the way up until it touches your rear fender. It shouldnt touch the pipe at all. Neither my 06 or 08 touch. How can you think that the wheel rubbing or touching the pipe is right as it moves through its arc of travel?

It wont touch when I swing it up by hand, just while riding. Maybe when i land a bit crossed up :banghead:

It wont touch when I swing it up by hand, just while riding.
The muffler may be swinging inward as the G force of the landing pulls on it.

It wont touch when I swing it up by hand, just while riding. Maybe when i land a bit crossed up :banghead:

Weird??????? I know it doesn't take much to make it hit if the subframe is even a little off. Thats weird though. The muffler mount is good and tight, the wheel alignment and your swingarm bearings all good?

The swingarm bearings have just been regreased and theyre all in good nick. I set the wheel alignment from the block marks working from the back, I used to measure from the swingarm pivot point but that was not the easiest to do accuratley. Maybe i bent the exhaust in a bit on at the mounting point???

The swingarm bearings have just been regreased and theyre all in good nick. I set the wheel alignment from the block marks working from the back, I used to measure from the swingarm pivot point but that was not the easiest to do accuratley. Maybe i bent the exhaust in a bit on at the mounting point???

That very well could be. I know on my 06 I got hit on the exhaust silencer in a first turn collision and when I hit the first jump after that, the pipe hit the tire....the second jump after that it hit the tire again and the force of the tire hitting it really bent up my subframe.....had to get a new one.