Back to Blue

Quick and to the point. I want to pick up an 07 YZF (likely used), but this whole cornering debate has me a little concerned. I'm not a national caliber rider, but I hear of people complaining of a wandering front end and only good for dragstrip mx tracks. Is it that bad? Who are these people this bad handling applies to? I'm not constantly fiddling around with my clickers, I set the sag and go. Will I be satisfied with this bike?

PS Anyone in NY or Pennsylvania want to upgrade their 07 for something else PM me.

I've got the same bike you want to get. All I did to turn it into a corner eater was set the sag between 95-100 mm and slide the forks up in the clamps so that 5mm shows above the top clamp. Set your clickers to your preferences and ride the hell out of it!!! BTW, I'm a Junior (Novice to our American friends) Veteran rider.

You should be able to pick up a leftover brand new 07 relatively cheap (compared to an 08).

I am the same as you - set the sag and dont adjust the clickers much. I have an 06yzf and I thought it was fine until i rode a mate's 08 RMZ450, his bike felt alot more neutral having less front end push. After some research it seemed most people went with 24mm offset clamps to combat the problem. I didn't want to fork out the coin for the clamps so I bought a rekluse e-axle, this adjusts the offset at the axle and is far cheaper.

Once set right, there is hardly any difference between our bikes when it comes to turning in.

Like I said though, before i rode his bike the push never really worried me - its not that bad.

I haven't had a chance to actually ride one of the newer generation YZFs (06-08) my old one was an 04 which is cosidered a ditch pig compared to whats out there now. I took a hiatus and rode red for a little over a year, its been nice but its time to come home.

I came off a 02 426 which made my 06 feel like a 125 in comparison.

I've never had a problem with the aluminum frame yamaha's handling. I think it feels like it's on rails compared to the steel framed YZ450's. People will complain about anything. Just ride it.

By the way, I'm an average A class racer.

I've never had a problem with the aluminum frame yamaha's handling. I think it feels like it's on rails compared to the steel framed YZ450's. People will complain about anything. Just ride it.

By the way, I'm an average A class racer.

lol.... I like how you say that..... A class racers arent average. I saw your vid... your good. give yourself some cred. :banghead: