Horn Mount?

Okay guys, getting closer to having my WR street legal.

Having some trouble figuring out where to mount my horn though.

Where have you mounted your horn?

I would like to keep it hidden, but I haven't really found a spot I like yet.

I had my horn behind the rad until I put on a larger tank (06 wr), then I moved it behind the head light. Worked great.

I had my horn behind the rad until I put on a larger tank (06 wr), then I moved it behind the head light. Worked great.

i did what the above stated...but you need to tell us what year you have so we can help you out. i think behind the head light if pre 07 but after 07 i dont know...maybe some one else does.

It's a 2000 WR400.

How are you mounting it behind the headlight? Hose-clamps?

My horn has a little tab on it with a 6mm hole in it. I picked up one of the headlight nounting holes.

There's a coupla spare lugs on the frame behind the kickstart. I mounted mine there

on my 07 I have it bolted on the wiring bracket behind the headlight, just below the trip computer

i duct taped it to my headlight wiring....its a pezo bout the size of a c battery

On my 06 I mounted it to the lower fork tree behind the headlight. The mount itself eventually broke from all the vibration.

I'm going to use a different metal bracket and mount it to the frame where the AIS use to bolt to it, since I don't think there is room behind the 07 headlight I put on.

Older pics

DSCF0005-3.jpg

DSCF0006-3.jpg

And with the light back on. The horn is an aftermarket replacement for import cars, so it has the higher tone sound to it, nice and loud. The cheap K&S horn couldn't even be heard over the bike.

DSCF0009-1.jpg

DSCN0128.JPG