HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atitagain

Tips on adjusting the sag on an 07' WR450?

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have ridden my bike several times now and I have not adjusted the sag on it yet.:busted: The front tires seems to want to wash out on the hard packed AZ desert. I attribute that to my 200# butt pushing down on the back end. My question is this, is there an easy way to get to the shock to make adjustments on it? It looks like I have to tear apart the sub-frame, make my adjustment, put it all back together, check the measurment, and if more adjustments are needed do it all over again! There has to be an easier way :banghead: Does anyone have any tips?

Loosen the lock nut with a long punch , make sure there isn't any dirt on the threads and then grab the spring and start turning it by hand. If the shock body threads are clean the other nut should turn down with the spring. Not the easiset way I suppose , but it beats all the work you were talking about. Make sure to turn in the right direction and retighten the lock nut when your done. WR Dave.

Thanks everyone... I did it after work today. It was so EASY! You were right, there was enough room to get a punch in there and make the adjustment!

I don't know why I was thinking it was going to be too tight in there. Yamaha 's setting was waaay off. It must have been set up for a 150# person from the factory.

Also, be sure to throw the stock front tire in the trash.

Replace it with a Dunlop 756 or Pirelli Scorpion Pro. It will likely cure your problem.

It's personal preference but I find the Bridgestone 601 and 401 a better option than the Dunlop 756. They really reduce "washout".