HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XRYoda

Removal of 08' stock exhaust cone..

8 posts in this topic

I think that I read that a few of you have removed the punched cone of the 08'stock exhaust. I cant find the post now. I am planning on keeping my stock exhaust with a PMB sparky in it. is there a:

...Power increase?

...Any idea of what the decibel level is?

Thanks..

I maybe having a minor hallucination again, I thought that I saw something about removing the punched cone a month or so ago. I cant find anything via the search so maybe I will have to be the pioneer. I will look into it after I get the PMB. Hopefully the PMB caps are out soon for the the 08's....

No one thing short of correcting a lean or rich jetting condition will make a HUGE difference.....Maybe more or less noise, but not performance....IMO

A completely different pipe, but not just end cap mod....

We did it on one when they first came out thinking they were on to something cool with the short canister. I did not get to ride the bike but we have let a few riders try it and the reports are not good. This is one bike that needs an exhaust.

Great, I was hoping that someone tried it. Actually, I like the stocker, as I use the bike in the woods much of the time and dont need tons of brute force in the trees. The bike is plenty fast, I was just hoping to get just a tad more power way down low in the RPM's. Lugging speed, that is. I'll throw a PMB sparky on the can when they come out and if I feel the need I will mess with the accelerator pump.

Thanks for the replies,

Yoda'

I've been thinking doing the same thing with the stock mufler.

Let us know what you figured out.

Thanks