XR650LL Question

We (here at TT) have seen mention of the XR650LL, consensus is either that its a mistake (by the dealer) or something so arcane about the bike that it really doesn't matter.

The california version can be identified by the hose coming off the gas cap, and a charcoal canister on the left-front (I think that's where it is).

The 49-state XRL and the cali model both have an oil separator just behind and below the petcock, hoses from it go to the airbox and the crankcase vent.

Dave

The 650LL is the california model , according to the factory shop manual the differences are, non locking vented gas cap,and all the vents(carb,cap, crankcase) are ran through a charcol canister. I don't recall the factory spec weight of the LL but I'd quess it to be about 10 pounds heavier or maybe a bit less. The L's weight according to Honda is 328lbs dry.

We (here at TT) have seen mention of the XR650LL, consensus is either that its a mistake (by the dealer) or something so arcane about the bike that it really doesn't matter.

The california version can be identified by the hose coming off the gas cap, and a charcoal canister on the left-front (I think that's where it is).

The 49-state XRL and the cali model both have an oil separator just behind and below the petcock, hoses from it go to the airbox and the crankcase vent.

Dave

thats all true.