What should i look for!?

My radiator was leaking, or so i thought. I drained it and took it into a local shop for a pressure check. They got it up to 20 pounds of pressure and no hole whatsoever.

Now im kinda stuck....i dont know what to look for next? I really need some help, thanks

yea the leak usually shows up on the outside of the radiator and leaks down onto the header...

since there are no holes, it must be a clamp or a hose but i dont understand how it would all be leaking to that one spot...????

I would take the tank and the seat off , fill the rad . hook the fuel tank up setting where the seat goes . just duct tape it there . start the bike , and you'll have a plain view of your leak . it may just be your cap or the catch can line . you may want to take your grilles off too.

i have had most of it off...i drained the rad. this morning and had it pressured checked and now its filled back up and on the bike, but its still leaking.

I dont understand what you mean about hooking the fuel line up where the seat goes or whatever???

I mean hook the gas tank to the carb , but have the tank sitting back where the seat is so it is not blocking your view of the rads. then start the bike and get it hot enough too leak so you can see where exactly it is leaking from. do you need me to snap a pic of my honda with the tank on side ways ? I can post a pic of that in the morning , if you think it will help you understand.

I mean hook the gas tank to the carb , but have the tank sitting back where the seat is so it is not blocking your view of the rads. then start the bike and get it hot enough too leak so you can see where exactly it is leaking from. do you need me to snap a pic of my honda with the tank on side ways ? I can post a pic of that in the morning , if you think it will help you understand.

yea that would be helpful...but once thats done, where am i looking for leaks? Because I can see all that hose connections to the radiator with the gas tank and everything on...thanks!

My overflow hose (the long clear one back to the reservoir) had a pinch and did the same thing. I replaced the hose, and all is right.

thats what a lot of people are saying it is. A hole in this tube would cause the coolant to run down through the rad. and collect at the bottom??

And do i have to drain the rad. to replace this hose??? Thanks

Nope don't need drain radiator. But i did have to drain my reservoir ('04). But first, i was able to see the leak in the small tube during warm-up. I would recommend you park the bike outside, under good light, then start it and watch very closely all the suspected spots. Remember, if coolant is leaking it has to flow from the top down, as gravity will have it. Simple fix really, you'll find it.

i had the tank off and inspected the overflow hose that goes back to the reservoir tank, and didnt see anything wrong or anything leaking. The tube was sort of pinched inbetween the radiator and tank...this is really making me mad though haha...

Well, if your overflow hose is/was pinched, once pressure builds up in the rad (heat), the liquid wants to expand, moving excess to the reservoir out back, since it's pinched off en route so to say, the pressure will build up and it will leak right at the connection on the filler neck - the only logical place since it would be the path of least resistance - the rubber hose just friction fits on there, no clamps as far as I know that hold it on.

Also check that the line to the reservoir is clear of any blockages by blowing through it with the reservoir cap somewhat open - DON'T use compressed air unless you want to wear all your fluid from inside the reservoir.

Another thing you can do to help fix it some is either buy a bunch of hose the same size and replace it completely, or cut off the first inch, this will give you "fresh" hose to put on the neck, the old portion (first inch) might be stretched out a bit from being on there for 4 years. You should have enough hose to do that.

yea there is just no liquid whatsoever around the overflow hose or filler neck. It would also make no sense that the coolant is collecting at the bottom of the radiator and dripping it. The coolant would have to be visible near the overflow filler neck and its completely clean and dry...

anyone know where i can get a new or used right side radiator???

Why don't you pressurize the tank while it's on you bike. Chances are that the tank is leaking at the seam either on the top or bottom tank. If you pressurize the tank on the bike then the whole system versus just the one radiator builds pressure.

You really just need to get the thing running with the shrouds off and see where it's coming from...use a mag light to inspect carefully. If for nothing else, you know its coming from somewhere on the radiator, then you have a leaking radiator. Generally, you won't see a fountain or a spray, just a damp area. Start low and work your way up.