01 yz426 snap

does putting in both the intake and exhaust cam from Hotcams make the bike a lot faster or is it even noticeable? im looking at making my 01 yz426 a little snappier and faster (more 2 stroke-like) and was wondering if the cams make a difference. also, does porting and polishing the head do alot on these bikes?

Put a 450 ex cam in it. You will not be displeased with it. Also, its a lot more cost effective than the Hot cams.

Alot of the not being snappy on that motor is jetting and the ap timing on the carb. When I fixed that my bike ran totally different.

does putting in both the intake and exhaust cam from Hotcams make the bike a lot faster or is it even noticeable? im looking at making my 01 yz426 a little snappier and faster (more 2 stroke-like) and was wondering if the cams make a difference. also, does porting and polishing the head do alot on these bikes?

I have the hotcam exhaust cam only...and noticed a difference after...more low end, a bit less hit. I later polished the intake port and I think it gave it more low end but have nothing to prove it.

Hotcams claims using both their cams yields increased torque and hp...and a mellower hit, I believe.

Whatever you do, make sure to change out that cam chain...50 hours or so and it'll be stretched, which seems to impact performance.

If your looking for more snap, you should think about a 13.5:1 piston. The higher compression makes a bunch more mid-range. The Hot Cams will increase power across the board, they make the hit longer, not harder.

what about the zipty mod? so probably doing some porting and an 03 450 cam would do the trick?