1st and 2nd gear wheelies?

murman, with those mods and the stock pipe, you prob. will not see much improvement over stock. the purpose of the carb mods is to supply the extra fuel/air mix needed AFTER the pipe has been replaced with a better flow system. it basically cant breath. im sure you know though.

i had the djet kit AND drilled my slide. the response was very good.

murman, with those mods and the stock pipe, you prob. will not see much improvement over stock. the purpose of the carb mods is to supply the extra fuel/air mix needed AFTER the pipe has been replaced with a better flow system. it basically cant breath. im sure you know though.

i had the djet kit AND drilled my slide. the response was very good.

I got the bike with the DJ kit on it, and rode another bike with only Dave's mods, and the Dave's Mods response was better, so that's why I drilled the slide. Didn't see a big change quite honestly. Will likely remove DJ when I get around to it.

I just added a new stock pipe, as the old one was getting rusty.

I have a stock 2007 650l and after learning to use the clutch had no problem getting front wheel in the air.

I have a stock 2007 650l and after learning to use the clutch had no problem getting front wheel in the air.

itll do em stock with clutch work and body position.

it sure is nice though just to roll on the throttle in 2nd and have the front end come up!!!

41 fcr, hotcam, e2 slipon, stock header welds ground off, hi comp piston soon to come!

Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt one of the perks of the Dynojet kit is that you don't have to drill the slide due to the smaller(weaker) spring that comes with the kit? "Daves mods" requires you to drill the slide because you're using the stock spring.

If you're using the Dynojet kit (or Daves Mods) and you're not seeing a pronounced performance increase then you have other issues that you need to address.

you are correct! that is exactly the reason. i guess i just wanted to experiment and i didnt have any thing else to do! it turned out to work just fine.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt one of the perks of the Dynojet kit is that you don't have to drill the slide due to the smaller(weaker) spring that comes with the kit? "Daves mods" requires you to drill the slide because you're using the stock spring.

If you're using the Dynojet kit (or Daves Mods) and you're not seeing a pronounced performance increase then you have other issues that you need to address.

I'm not the first person that I know that didn't see a big result from the Dynojet Kit. Like I say, the kit was on the bike when I got it. I'm more impressed with Dave's Mods, but I may play with the carb. I have to take it off and get the instructions to the kit to see if all is well.

In fact, there is a DJ sticker on the swingarm, and when I looked at the jets as I was drilling the slides, they jets looked odd, but to be honest, I can't even swear that a kit is on there, but it seems like a logical assumption.

Guys, there's a reason the Dynojet kit is commonly called the "Dynojoke".

This thread is way far to funny!!!!:banghead:

Why whould you want to ride a wheelie on an L ?

Wouldn't you spill your mocha from Starbuck's?

:busted::D :D

Get an 'R', put a plate on it and this wouldn't even be a question!

This thread is way far to funny!!!!:banghead:

Why whould you want to ride a wheelie on an L ?

Wouldn't you spill your mocha from Starbuck's?

:busted::D :D

Get an 'R', put a plate on it and this wouldn't even be a question!

NO! thats what the cup holder is for!lol

it would be nice if this were true, but the softer spring allows the slide to move more for a given airflow (which drilling does not) so it does open a little quicker , but the softer spring does not allow the slide to open as fast as drilling the slide does.

Dave