08 YZ450F Cranky Shifting

the 08 YZ450F is the worst shifting bike I have ever had. Very cranky. MXA said so and I am now a true believer.

Is anyone else having issues?

no, mines the best shifting bike ive ever had

i was told it is because it is new. thats kinda how mine is right now. it should loosen up

Mine shifts great. Only at 9 hours and I've changed the oil three times, but it's shifted great from the start.

How many hours do you have on it? My 08 was like that until about 10 hours and a couple oil changes. It should loosen up.

Change the Oil, then should be good to go!

I don't have much time on it at all. It's now three whopping degrees above zero here in NY. I will wait until I get more time on it.

As always....thanks for the good input guys!

The First time I took mine out the shifting was kinda scetchy, the more hours i got on it the better it was. Ive only got about 5 hours at the most on it right now though

I don't have much time on it at all. It's now three whopping degrees above zero here in NY. I will wait until I get more time on it.

As always....thanks for the good input guys!

what oil are you using? That is to friggin cold....:banghead:

I found Amsoil 4stroke synth oil makes the tranny nice and smooth:thumbsup:

what oil are you using? That is to friggin cold....:banghead:

08= amsoil smooth as a freshly shaven:p

what oil are you using? That is to friggin cold....:busted:

bike is just breaking in...I will switch to amsoil. Will be riding again indoors in January at Mototown. Will let you know how I make out. If you are all ok, I should be too.:banghead:

bike is just breaking in...I will switch to amsoil. Will be riding again indoors in January at Mototown. Will let you know how I make out. If you are all ok, I should be too.:banghead:

Switch now

My 2007 is also notchy, but my friends 2007 is smooth. Both have similar hours and all.