White brothers carbon exhaust question?

Hello thumpers/thumpettes!!!!!! This is my first post.I have an issue that some one can help me out on.I have a 2007 yz450f with a white brothers carbon pro exhaust system.Today i was going to repack the exhaust system,but for some reason I am having a really hard time trying to remove the canister away from the main pipe/mount.I would really hate to start beating it with a rubber mallet.Does anybody have an idea or clue on how i can remove this with out beating it to death with a rubber mallet?p.s.I also soaked it with lubricant did not help.Thanks for your time.

Hello thumpers/thumpettes!!!!!! This is my first post.I have an issue that some one can help me out on.I have a 2007 yz450f with a white brothers carbon pro exhaust system.Today i was going to repack the exhaust system,but for some reason I am having a really hard time trying to remove the canister away from the main pipe/mount.I would really hate to start beating it with a rubber mallet.Does anybody have an idea or clue on how i can remove this with out beating it to death with a rubber mallet?p.s.I also soaked it with lubricant did not help.Thanks for your time.

if the screws are removed, then take a blunt piece of wood and beat the edge of the outer ring. the aluminum thing, and work your way around it.

A heat gun works well also

Almostinvinsible,,were you serious about the"screws"lol?JK.Yeah, i finally got that thing off after an hour of beating.Man what a pain.Also what are you people using for packing?I bought the FMF but it seems like its not going to work,it seems White Brothers have their own desighn.I guess i will take other suggestions to help me out on a alternative.I really hate to spend $50.00 everytime I need to repack this thing,more suggestion would be greatly appreciated.Thanks again

i just broke down and bought the WB packin after tryin to dick with the fmf stuff. the wb stuff comes wrapped up and is super easy to install. i give it a A+. and yeh the screws were killer at gettin out. they dont anti seize them from the factory, but im def. gonna anti sieze these.

how do you like the pipe performance wise?

i got a fmf mega-carbon 4.1 sittin around here and the wb kills it. i love the WB. good stuff

Almostinvincible,where did you get the packing from?Yeah those screws were most def a pain to get out also.Also the housing was even worse"lol"but I got if off."Family man" all i can say is that pipe rocks!!!!!!!!!!!! Also when i removed the old packing after maybe 30 hours of use,it still looked good.But I am just going to white brothers and get the packing kit.Less headaches.

thats the best way to do it. i have 80 hours on my practice pipe and im just now replacing the packing on it. the WB kit lasts. and its somewhat easy to install. much easier than FMF's red packing.

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!