HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Solo

2000 WR400 Weeping Waterpump

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if I need to remove the case side cover to service this?

I plan on replacing the seals AND the impeller shaft. I just need to know if I should order a case side cover gasket too.

Help :banghead:

I just pulled my 07 wr450 apart for the same thing . I had to pull off my side cover . I know the are not the same at all , but the over all design should be . On my bike there was no way to do with out pulling the side , But I did not tear any gaskets during the tear down.

here's pics of your's

2000wrpump.jpg

2000wrside.jpg

If you look a the shaft "it's part 1 in the first pic" there is a lip on the the end that is facing inward , that will not allow you to pull it out from the outside.

it's pretty straight forward. make sure to check out the bearing too. last time i had mine off, i swapped it out for a new one.

Being that it's a 8 years old and I've not had the bike it's entire life it's getting all the gaskets, seals, bearings, and that little shaft. Cheap insurance. Thanks for the help- parts are on order.

make sure you go to yamaha and get what ever coolant they recomend . yamaha have a reputation for having water pumps ripped out if you cheap out on coolant .