HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MotoXT

'08 450 Fork Question

3 posts in this topic

short of taking them apart... Remove forks , remove air bleed screw , pour whatever cc's into a cc vial.

I've found that with the new rising rate on the 08's ,the forks spring rate is a lot softer than the rear. I upped my fork spring rate, left the rear alone.. I weigh 190 with gear.... good luck...

short of taking them apart... Remove forks , remove air bleed screw , pour whatever cc's into a cc vial.

I've found that with the new rising rate on the 08's ,the forks spring rate is a lot softer than the rear. I upped my fork spring rate, left the rear alone.. I weigh 190 with gear.... good luck...

Thank racer. That's what I thought after looking at the schematic. As far as spring rate, I went down with mine, front and rear, but I'm about 15lbs shy of you. I had Pro Action do the change and revalve, and so far I'm happy, except I'm not getting full travel in the front, which is why I want to lower the oil a bit and see how it goes.