Buying Piston Rings?

So were have you all found the best price on piston rings. I am freshening up the top end on my 85 600R and need some new rings. Thanks:ride:

Service Honda (www.servicehonda.com) typically has great prices on OEM parts - far better than most dealers.

Total Seal, www.totalseal.com These are a "gapless" set of rings, with the second ring being the gapless one. Used extensively in racing applications, including motorcycles. My cylinder is still at the machine shop, but I've heard nothing but great reviews on these rings. As for price, they were $39.67 for the set, which is $8 cheaper than what I found online. :banghead:

Ring_Home.jpg

Total Seal, www.totalseal.com These are a "gapless" set of rings, with the second ring being the gapless one. Used extensively in racing applications, including motorcycles. My cylinder is still at the machine shop, but I've heard nothing but great reviews on these rings. As for price, they were $39.67 for the set, which is $8 cheaper than what I found online. :banghead:

Great info! :busted:

i heard they help up the compression a little.

Service honda has great prices, but they are slow and charge a lot for shipping. If I spend over $100 or so go with Service. Otherwise I use a different vendor like Bike bandit that gets the stuff to me sooner.

Ring_Home.jpg

So did you order direct from them and do they work with the stock piston? They sound like they are a pretty cool.

i heard they help up the compression a little.

I have heard the same thing that they bump up the compression slightly. I know Travis in Pasadena has had them in the past. his shop number is 888-252-2000.