HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jon-D

Edelbrock Carb settings - XR 600

9 posts in this topic

how many clicks out from rich (or lean) do you guys set your carb at on a stock XR 600 at an elevation of about 2000 feet? during my recent troubleshooting process i changed the externally adjustable settings but did not keep a record of what i did (big mistake). the carb ran great before i messed with it.

On my XR600s, I ran a 19E needle, anywhere from 14-16 clicks out depending on temperature and altitude. Altitude where I ride around here is from 700-1200 ft. At higher elevations in CO, 7500-14000 ft, I was running the clicker just about full lean, a 17E needle probably would have been about right to get the needle position back into the middle range.

hey guys talkin of settings etc. and elevation. i have a edelbrock with a stock xr600r apart from exhaust. the area i live around is between 150M and 200M.

which needle etc. would you recommend??? i would love a little help :thinking:

try the 19E with the settings recommended by creeky above and experiment from there. if you know someone with a jet-4-power that would take allot of guess work out of it.

try the 19E with the settings recommended by creeky above and experiment from there. if you know someone with a jet-4-power that would take allot of guess work out of it.

whats that??

tried it the 19 too rich so have ordered an 18e:thinking: