2007 YZ450F Hour Meter

How many hours between piston and ring R&R

here's what i did, little different:

hour-meter.jpg

hour-meter1.jpg

Here's what I did with the hour meter wire- tight wrap around the plug boot, then tight wrap with electrical tape. Looks nearly factory. For the meter itself, I zip-tied it to the throttle cables, it won't come off unless I want it to. Also, make sure you leave enough slack in the wire that you can still get the coil off if you need to change/check your plug or pull the head cover to check valves.

coil.jpg

I'm trying to put on my hour meter! 2008 YZ450F and it appears the the distance from the top of the plug and the mud boot, there wouldn't be enough space. The mud boot butts up right against the plug where the pig tail clicks into the cap. There isn't enough space to wrap it around the top of the boot like in this picture. Any other suggestions? Maybe around the other end?:banghead:

I'm trying to put on my hour meter! 2008 YZ450F and it appears the the distance from the top of the plug and the mud boot, there wouldn't be enough space. The mud boot butts up right against the plug where the pig tail clicks into the cap. There isn't enough space to wrap it around the top of the boot like in this picture. Any other suggestions? Maybe around the other end?:busted:

zipty it to the throttle cables on the steeringhead. This way it is not going to fall off and it is very visable :banghead:

zipty it to the throttle cables on the steeringhead. This way it is not going to fall off and it is very visable :banghead:

I was speaking where to wrap the wire.

Here's what I did with the hour meter wire- tight wrap around the plug boot, then tight wrap with electrical tape. Looks nearly factory. For the meter itself, I zip-tied it to the throttle cables, it won't come off unless I want it to. Also, make sure you leave enough slack in the wire that you can still get the coil off if you need to change/check your plug or pull the head cover to check valves.

coil.jpg

That is nearly how I did mine. I used a piece of shrink wrap though instad of tape. I put bullet connectors in the wire to make removal of the COP easier.

I also made a small bracket that is attached to the front tank bolt on my 08. I drilled and tapped it and used allen cap screws to attach the meter to the bracket. It is a safe location and I can see it easily when tweaking the idle screw and fuel screw too.:banghead:

Wes, are you positive the sealing boot is all the way in the head? You are using a stock plug, right, not a shorty?

Wes, are you positive the sealing boot is all the way in the head? You are using a stock plug, right, not a shorty?

Yes sir! Everything is stock and plug CR8e. Looking at the pictures on an 07 it seems that there is more space above the dust boot than on an 08. I will post a pic in a min.

there is room there it only needs to be wrapped 3 times

Wes I pulled back the plastic wrap on the right side of your pic (right at the junction where the wires go in) wrapped Hr meter wire 3 times and recovered with the existing plastic wrap and some electrical tape. Then I ran small zipties from the plug wire to the throttle cables and mtd'd it on top of the cables on the steering head -

Wes I pulled back the plastic wrap on the right side of your pic (right at the junction where the wires go in) wrapped Hr meter wire 3 times and recovered with the existing plastic wrap and some electrical tape. Then I ran small zipties from the plug wire to the throttle cables and mtd'd it on top of the cables on the steering head -

I'm assuming around both of them? Thanks for all of your help again.:banghead: W3

Alright I installed the hour meter. Pulled back the heat shrink and wrapped it around the two wires to the right of the boot in the picture. It is not picking up because it still reads (0.0). Is there a wrong way to install? I didn't think I was dumb but maybe.

Alright I installed the hour meter. Pulled back the heat shrink and wrapped it around the two wires to the right of the boot in the picture. It is not picking up because it still reads (0.0). Is there a wrong way to install? I didn't think I was dumb but maybe.

'08 YZ450F....crudey pic, but you get the idea...here is what did

hourmeter.jpg

hourmeter.jpg

I got the idea. I wrapped it around the two wires and it did not work. I will do it this way. Thanks AGAIN! Fuel for this one.

hourmeter.jpg

This worked! Logged my first hour today! Thanks again

good deal..glad I could help!

I zip tied my meter to the rubber piece that holds to CDI in place. I can see it if I turn my front wheel and look in behind the front number plate on my 07 YZ450F.