HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CRFsean

My New 08

13 posts in this topic

My First 450, I just finished doing 4 heatcycles for the break-in period. Now I can go ride it next weekend. I couldn't believe it when my dad took me to the dealer, and said we were buying it. My dad is providing the opportunity for me to buy it, but I am paying for all of it. And it is my first brand new bike. Feels a lot more powerful than my 05 YZ250f thats for sure. I am however going to ditch the stock exhaust. Any recomendations? I was thinking of going with the White Bros. XCR since it is affordable and seems like a quality item. The only thing I notice with this bike, is that it is hard to find neutral and when you do find it, it makes this faint noise, its like the clutch is just barely engaging, but not enough to move the bike and it goes away when you pull the clutch in. Is this just because it is new?

Anyway, Here are some pictures

IMG_2802.jpg

Brought it inside before it was run, lol.

IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_2784.jpg

I love that it has excels

IMG_2785.jpg

At least it looks cool, lol

IMG_2774.jpg

All of the Yamahas

IMG_2792.jpg

Very nice! It must be nice to get a spanking brand new bike.

Are you going to sell the 250?

AVM

ya most likely, i don't want to, but it will be hard to afford this one without selling the 250

If I may chime in, I recomend the yoshimura RS-2 system. I love it on my 08 yz450. The best part is, so far it seems to be the only exhaust system that does not require moving the header to replace the oil filter , which is a huge bonus in my opinion. I have had Dr. D's on my other yz's and this is my first Yosh, but I dont think I will buy another Dr D after having this Yosh. My 08 was sort of hard to find neutral as well, it gets better after break in and and a few oil changes. Its a great bike though, enjoy!

Don't buy a pipe just yet. It's going to take a little bit of time to get use to the jump to a 450. Put your money on some tack time or better yet, pay it off sooner:thumbsup:

Congrats on your bike.

Great parents you got there.

Dad and mom (she let you bring the bike in haha)..

Enjoy..

ya, I agree with you loudarbs, it is going to be weird riding track at first, as the 250f was perfectly fine, actually probably more than enough power, but I ride sand a lot so this is a much better bike for the dunes. But down the line when I can afford it, I would still like to purchase an exhaust.

My First 450, I just finished doing 4 heatcycles for the break-in period. Now I can go ride it next weekend. I couldn't believe it when my dad took me to the dealer, and said we were buying it. My dad is providing the opportunity for me to buy it, but I am paying for all of it. And it is my first brand new bike. Feels a lot more powerful than my 05 YZ250f thats for sure. I am however going to ditch the stock exhaust. Any recomendations? I was thinking of going with the White Bros. XCR since it is affordable and seems like a quality item. The only thing I notice with this bike, is that it is hard to find neutral and when you do find it, it makes this faint noise, its like the clutch is just barely engaging, but not enough to move the bike and it goes away when you pull the clutch in. Is this just because it is new?

Anyway, Here are some pictures

IMG_2802.jpg

Brought it inside before it was run, lol.

IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_2784.jpg

I love that it has excels

IMG_2785.jpg

At least it looks cool, lol

IMG_2774.jpg

All of the Yamahas

IMG_2792.jpg

You need to get some hard laps on that thing and the tranny will loosen up nice. Mine was like that new also. You will love any pipe compared to the stock one.

nice bike.. sometimes i wish i had gone the blue way when i bought my 07 450.. but im partial to white.. none the less good lookin bike.. hold of on the exhaust untill you get used to it. in the mean time bump the rear sprocket up to a 50 and you will be more then happy for the time being. where do you ride?