Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EddieTNT

BRP Fork Damper Rod Needed

7 posts in this topic

I apologize in advance for having this request also posted in the Wanted area of the classifieds.

I need a damper rod assembly for a 650R fork. I need either the whole assembly or at least both parts of the adjuster rod inside the damper rod. Thanks fellas!

1 person likes this

I have the damping rod, the inner long rod, short rod, valve. Actualy I have all the parts but, I use the shims. I have the tube, bottoming cone everything.

I need the inner long rod and the inner short rod. All my other parts are fine. How much would you want for those two parts? Thanks for the reply!

I apologize in advance for having this request also posted in the Wanted area of the classifieds.

I need a damper rod assembly for a 650R fork. I need either the whole assembly or at least both parts of the adjuster rod inside the damper rod. Thanks fellas!

Did you over tighten the bolt holding the shim stack to the rod?

I didn't over tighten the nut. My damper rod came unscrewed from the top cap of the fork on a Mexico ride. The oil in the damper rod spent 600 miles slamming the adjuter rod into the underside of the fork cap. The end of the rod ended up with a perfect mushroom on the end. It's also 3/8" of an inch too short now!

For anyone who hasn't tried it I recommend riding a 300lb dirt bike with a bald front tire on slippery dirt roads with zero damping in the fork for 5 days. It was pretty hilarious.:banghead: