Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
husky1360

Is it true? No '08 XR 650???!

16 posts in this topic

Is it true that there is no 2008 650?

If so, thats a bummer. Not everyone wants to ride a 450.

I'm pretty sure Honda has announced all of their 2008 line and I've yet to see anything about a 650R - they are still doing the 650L. If you look on their web page, they only show '06 & '07 650R and all of the other models that have a 2008 version show '08.

1 person likes this

Ya it sucks!!! why don't they make it a 700 and dual sport it? At least it will still be around to modify for the dirt.

Yep its done,one of the best bikes ever made.The new designs will never be as durable as the xr models.I cried when they quit the 400, now no 650,oh well thats why I switched back to yamahas the wr's are way more durable then any new honda.

Not that it matters to the R guys,but my dealer says the L is gone in 2010.

Its about time, maby we will see it loose 30 pounds and gain liquid cooling, then they can make that model for 25 years to come:bonk:

maybe we will see it loose 30 pounds and gain liquid cooling, then they can make that model for 25 years to come

But if they do that, Kawasaki will lose sales on thier new KLR650 and Suzukis DRZ400 will utterly fail.:banghead:

The world is running short on real bikes.

dirtrider115, you are having good luck with WR Yamahas?

You bet I like the wr's my idea of a good bike is one that works good and holds together,Ill always keep my 650r around for long dual sport rides but the newer yamies are awsome and require little maintence.

I have never been a big KTM fan but their Baja bike (690) I think looks pretty trick, and from the looks of it might be the next best thing in the future. It is to bad it seems Honda is offering fewer choices even when there is a loyal following for bikes that no longer are produced (650R, CR 250R, XR 400, XR 250R). I like the new bikes, I have a 450R, but low maintainence air cooled bikes have their place. While I am complaining, what were they thinking spending money to produce that smaller dual sport bike?:busted: The old 200-350 cc dual sports they produced back in the 80's looked better and probably performed as good as or better than what that bike is capable of.:banghead: